Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

"Hey, as new friends would you like to get some Starbucks with me?" Phillip asks nervously?

"Yeah of course, let's go!" I smile. We both head over to the changing rooms and get dressed. Belle was waiting for me outside talking to Jarred. They would be a cute couple...

"What did you say?" Belle asks confused. Did I say that out loud?

"I said let's make it a double!" I say quickly trying to cover up what I said.

"What do you mean?" Belle asks confused.

"Well Phillip and I are going to Starbucks, do you guys want to come?"

"Oh yeah of course...who's Phillip?"

"He's on the football team, is there a problem?" I ask.

"No nothing!" She squeals, "just that he's a jerk..." She mutters obviously thinking I didn't hear her. She will see that he's an absolute sweet heart. That was a good cover up though. High five to myself!

Phillip walks out of the changing room with damp hair and honestly, he looked like a model.

"Hey, I'm Phillip," he says holding his hand out for Jarred who shakes it without a second thought. "You must be the infamous Belle?"

"Yeah, don't flatter yourself," she mutters walking away. Rude much.

"She thinks I'm a jerk, doesn't she?" He asks.

"Yeah...she'll figure it out sooner or later that you're lovely," I chuckle pinching his cheeks.

"Jace isn't coming right?" Jarred asks.

"No, just us four," I laugh.

"You know Jace?" Phillip asks curiously. "Isn't it your first day?"

"Yeah we met at the gym last night and had a punch on because he got jea..."

"You guys ready to go?" I ask interrupting Jarred. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly and gives Phillip this 'oh shit' look.

We all walk out to our cars and drive to the nearest Starbucks which was only a 5 minute drive into town. Which wasn't too long I suppose.

We all park beside each other, Belle, Jarred, me and then Phillip. It's getting a bit chilly but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Now I'm thinking of getting something hot..." Belle mutters rubbing up and down her bare arms.

"Hot chocolate for me," Jarred mumbles also rubbing up and down his bare arms. Luckily I wore a jumper today, or else I would be freezing my ass off.

"What about you Phillip, what do you want?" I ask turning around not noticing he was already beside me.

"My shout, and a hot chocolate," he smiles.

"No need. I can pay," I smile cheerily pulling out my purse only to have it snatched from me and placed back into my handbag. "Hey, why did you do that?"

"I'm paying, now let's go," he says grabbing my hand and pulling me into the warm room.

Before I know it Phillip and I were at the cash register while the other two were dawdling behind us.

I let go of his hand.

"What can I get for you?" The girl behind the counter asks.

"I believe we are getting four hot chocolates. One with oat milk and 2 sugars," I say.

"I'll have mine with 2 sugars. Make it a grande," Philip says.

"Me too," Belle and Jarred say in unison. They both laugh at each other.

"Yeah, grande for me too. Why not," I shrug.

We all take a seat at a 4 seater table. At first I felt like I saw Jace sitting at one of the tables on the far side but I must just be seeing things. I quickly glance back over. It was definitely him and he's already spotted me. I could tell by his expression. I notice a girl sitting opposite him. A very attractive girl. She was beautiful. So this is what he was doing instead of attending school. They were holding each others hands across from the table? What the hell am I supposed to think of that.

"Megan..." Belle says snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Look over there," I say nodding my head in Jace's direction without looking. She quickly looks over and her mouth forms an oh shape.

"Who is that girl and why is he holding her hand?"

"I don't even know," I mumble looking down at the table.

"I thought you said Jace wasn't coming? And it already looks like he's got himself a girlfriend," Jarred says, earning a slap in the chest from Belle. "Ow," he says rubbing his chest.

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation," Phillip smiles grabbing my hand in his, a simple gesture that makes me smile. I look over at Jace and he looks furious. He wasn't looking at me or Phillip but our hands. I quickly let go.

He starts making his way over to us and my head snaps down to the table.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asks, biting back all the anger I know he's trying to hold onto. I nod and he takes me outside.

"Who the fuck is that?" He growls.

———————