Chapter 31.

Chapter 31.

The time came for Jace to leave for his fight and I was hating every moment that went by. I wanted to be there with him. I wanted to be there to support him. Maybe it wasn't too late to buy a ticket?

I grab Jace's laptop and search it up. The front seat tickets were pretty expensive but it was worth it. I click the buy button and put in my credit card details. The piece of paper prints out and I quickly hide it in my bag before Jace walks down.

"Why can't I come?" I pout.

"Because Meagan, I don't want you seeing me fight," He groans. "I have already explained this to you."

I back down from the argument and I left with out another word. He doesn't come after me.

Shit, I left the laptop open. Maybe he won't see it? Maybe. Hopefully. I start the ignition to my car and drive off. Jace's fight here I come. It wasn't too much of a drive and when I got there, there was heaps of people already lining up, the fight was in about an hour and a half.

It was about a 45 minute wait outside I reckon but I had special tickets so I got to go straight in. The security lead me over to the waiting area where there was food. Jace would almost be here and he probably had his own room which would have security guards out the front. Not that I could see him anyway because he would get so angry, not that I care though.

I take my seat about 15 minutes before they are announced.

"Hey, who are you betting on?" The guy beside me asks.

"Well I'm not betting on anyone but I want Jace Carter to win," I reply.

"Yeah, he's pretty good," he says.

"You reckon?"

"Well yeah, the kid wins every time. I don't know how he does it," the guy says screwing up his face. He was young, maybe about 26?

"Who are you betting for?" I ask.

"Jace, I met that kid when he was 14," he chuckles.

"Oh really?" I smile.

"Yeah, he's a little prick now, but still a good kid. You would probably like him, maybe, actually maybe you wouldn't," he laughs making me laugh. That's true Jace has a...what you call a unique personality.

"Hmm maybe," I giggle. "So how do you know Jace?" I ask.

"Well I met his father about 4 years ago when he was 14, that's when his parents were together but yeah then Jace and I became good friends, kind of...and then I got a job working with Jace and his boxing team," he nods.

"Oh that's nice, you said his parents were still together then?" I ask confused. I some what thought that he was a lot younger when they split up.

"Yeah, hey you're not a reporter are you?" He asks eyeing me up.

"No, of course not," I chuckle. "Just curious," I shrug. The lights dim and the crowd goes wild. Guess it's starting now.

The announcer announces Jace's component before finally announcing Jace. And I just pretty much used announced three times in one sentance. Lols.

Jace comes into view but he doesn't notice me yet.

"Guess I'll see you in a sec," the guy I don't even know the name of says standing up. My eyes follow him to where he was going. He ducks under the sides and walks up to Jace greeting him. He takes off Jace's and starts walking back towards me. Jace's eyes follow him and he notices me sitting here. Uh oh.

His Jaw tenses and his fists clench. We make eye contact and all I can see is anger. It was pretty much radiating off of him because I could feel it. He. Was. Not. Happy.