Chapter 26.

Chapter 26.

Danny and Elissa were hitting it off pretty well after everything that happened. They're even sitting together waiting for the bell to ring.

When the bell finally rings Danny and Elissa walk out together while Jace and I walk behind them.

Belle walks straight up to me smiling. What is she so happy about?

"Guess what!" She smiles excitedly. I guess nothing could make her frown at this point. She looks over at Danny and Elissa and frowns. Well clearly I was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I ask kind of confused.

"Oh um nothing.."

"Okay well what am I guessing?" I ask.

"Oh, don't worry," she says rushing off.

"What was up with her?" Jace asks.

"I have no idea..."

"I'm coming to yours tonight," he smiles, taking my hand and changing the subject.

"Oh really," I giggle. "With what clothes?"

"Your clothes, duh," he laughs. I roll my eyes. "Nah, I'm just gonna stay for a couple of hours, remember it is my birthday tomorrow," he says.

"One you won't forget," I wink.

"Are you saying what I think your saying?" He chuckles. I punch his shoulder and he laughs at me.

"Shut up. No that's not what I meant," I frown pushing him away.

"Oh come on, it was a joke," he says trying to hug me.

"You know what, you can't come over this afternoon," I say.

"Babe, it was a joke," He says nudging his head into the crook of my neck.

"Nope, I don't care," I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"Aw baby," he pouts. I shake my head and walk slowly away from him. "You got a lift from me remember..."

"Danny will give me a lift," I say poking my tongue out at him. I walk up to where Danny and Elissa are standing and start to pull him away.

"Hey, what's your problem? And why does Jace look so upset?" He asks.

"Oh nothing, just need a lift, reckon you could come with me to the shops?" I ask.

"Shopping with a girl is possibly the worst thing a guy could do.." He frowns."How about I drop you off at the shops?" He asks.

"No, I need your help. I need to buy Jace a present and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to get him."

"All right, fine. I will come with you. You forgot it was his birthday and didn't get him anything hey?" He laughs.

"No. I only found out yesterday so this is the only time I can get it," I say shaking my head. "I am not one who forgets...usually."

"Alright, let's just get this damn present and go. I got a date tonight..." He smirks.

"Aw! That's adorable. With who?" I ask knowing that he is probably going to say Elissa.

"Elissa, obviously," he says rolling his eyes as he gets into his car.

"I'm so happy for you Danny. I'm picking out your outfit for tonight though. No buts."

"Fine," he sighs as he starts the engine. Today could actually end up being fun.

"Oh how I love playing Cupid," I say.