Part 13: I Know You Hear Me Cry

Chapter Summary: Just when things looks are looking up, they can fall right back down. It's time to face up to some home truths! (See end for Author Notes).
_____________________________________________

What a Shame...

Robbie's Loving Elsewhere Instead

Has Robbie been cheating on his partner Gary Barlow already? The couple came out several months ago, to the surprise of the world, and their incredible large and dedicated fan base, and they appeared to put on a united front. However, it looks like it could be 'take that' for their union could be in trouble as it emerges Robbie has cheated on Gary with another man while spending time away from home. A source stated, "Robbie was on his own in a city, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a little naughty, he's still a wild one at heart!"

You could ask how deep is their love, when it is believed they have an agreement whereby Robbie is seemingly allowed to play away, but some suggest this is the tell-tale sign of boredom in a relationship some thought was a match made in heaven, but in reality never really worked... "They are completely different people" said another source close to the couple, "Robbie is high-strung and high maintenance, and I know Gary has had to put up with a lot but I don't think Gary could ever really keep up. He's always been a more of a 'tea & slippers' man who likes a quieter life. They've given a good try, but couldn't make it work".

Time will tell whether the Patience singer will want Robbie back for good, or maybe Robbie has no regrets and will go off to entertain someone else. Neither was available for comment, but it certainly looks like love just ain't THERE anymore.

Robbie, finished reading the article, and stood there in complete shock.

He didn't know who those 'blasted 'sources' were, but they were talking out of their arses', he furiously thought to himself.

Not that it mattered, with all this in the newspapers, and more similar headlines as he found when he scanned the other messages from his publicist and assistants, he was doomed. He didn't care about the public perception, he knew he probably should but there was only one opinion that mattered. He depressingly dropped on to the nearest chair just thinking about how Gary was going to react, picturing his face when he found out.

And all this frustrating happening, just after they had been getting along so well, putting the whole ugly mess behind them! Robbie was distressed, he knew this was all going to set them back, right back to the beginning. If he had a hope's chance in hell, of softening the blow then Robbie needed to get to Gary before he saw the article himself. He needed to prepare Gary, and reassure him of the article's false 'sources'.

He leapt up into action, calling the studio Gary was working at, but apparently Gary had already left, yet the person on the phone was sure Gary had mentioned he was stopping off somewhere on his way home first. Robbie was frantic! He didn't have a clue where Gary was. He tried calling him but it went straight to his voicemail. He couldn't leave a message in his state but just hoped Gary saw the missed calls and made his way home.

Robbie felt sick as a dog.

His publicist had sent more details of the other articles out in circulation, it was not good; although all centred around his infidelity in Prague, the story had been grossly distorted, some saying Robbie paid for sex, others talking again about how they have an open relationship, but the worst however, were the sources that insinuated Robbie had wanted out of the relationship for a long time, how Gary wanted marriage but Robbie didn't, and this was Robbie's way of getting out a relationship which had become 'stale'. He knew that last comment was going to do the most damage to him and Gary's relationship, since for some reason Gary already had unfounded anxiety about Robbie being bored. In reality it couldn't be further from the truth, and Robbie couldn't understand how these sources that alleged it so, had even come about...unless he had said something stupid when drunk perhaps?! But it didn't matter, because he knew there was no truth in it – he loved his relationship with Gary, and never wanted to be apart from him.