Part 29: Teach Your Heart to Feel

Chapter Summary:  Now in the know about Lucas' dark qualities, Robbie needs to act.

Author note: This chapter was taking so much time, and wasn't actually finished but after the hideous tour presale yesterday I decided to put it up early as a smaller chapter, to cheer us up! Enjoy, and good luck to those trying for tickets tomorrow! xx #WonderlandLive2017 (see end for further A/N)

______________________________________

Hey Gaz

Hope you're doing ok, I know you probably won't answer this – and that's ok because I think I know why, but if you see this then please meet me at 'our' old special meeting place, tomorrow at 4pm. I will be there for an hour at this time on the off chance you can make it. Please try to come, you can tell Lucas you're popping over to see Mark, I've set it up so that if Lucas decides to check up on you, and calls him, Mark will confirm your story. I know it might not be easy for you but please try – I really do need to talk to you.

And I really would like to see you.

Rob xx

Robbie reread back through the email; there was so much else he wanted to write, but he would save that for when he saw Gary...if he saw Gary. He hoped Gary would see this, and more than that - Robbie hoped his beautiful man would make it.

He finally clicked send and sighed, as he fell back into his overgrown desk chair. He let it gently rotate of its own accord, so that he could simply sit back and watch the room slowly spin around him, as he contemplated everything that had happened since he had met Josh Jenkins...

His first call after the encounter with Lucas' ex, had been to Mark. Robbie met him over coffee this next day and had divulged the whole conversation. Yet, frustratingly, he was still met with some scepticism from Mark.

"It's not that I don't believe you, or this Josh – but you have to surely realise it's not as simple as that", Mark had told him, "I mean, what exactly are you going to say to Gary, 'Oh Gaz, by the way, I know this may make me sound like a raging stalking EX-boyfriend but just to let you know, I got a private detective to investigate the man you're sleeping with. Oh, and you're going to find this so funny and completely believable but I also spoke to his ex-boyfriend and surprise, surprise, he said to leave him!' ....I mean, Rob – that's not going to play out well, is it?" Mark said matter-of-factly.

Robbie rolled his eyes at Mark's mocking, "Well, when you say it like that...yes, it doesn't sound great but Mark, I HAVE to do something. I can't just sit on this – what if, god forbid, something does happen. I can't live with that, and most of all, I need Gary to be safe, even if he hates me for it. I know you think me selfish sometimes, and I am, but this isn't about me, I promise you." Robbie told him, unabashed and incredibly determined.

Mark opened his mouth to respond but then closed it without saying a word, and instead seemed to quietly ponder Robbie for a moment.

"Actually", Mark eventually spoke, "I was about to say, that's the most unselfish thing I've heard you say", Mark told him earnestly, "I mean, you know I love you Rob, but sometimes you can be a bit selfish, particularly when it comes to what you need from others to keep you stable and happy, it can be very-one-way usually...but honestly, it sounds like you're now growing up at last!"

Robbie's eyes scowled slightly, unsure of how to take that back-handed compliment, but he shrugged it off; "Well, completely ignoring the insult AND the patronising tone, thanks little buddy! – now will you help me?" he furtively asked.

"What do you need me to do?" Mark frowned with confusion.

"Quite simply - to be a ruse!"

"Huh?"