Chapter 5

Andy pretty much dragged me to his favorite spot during lunch. It was a quiet little spot outside. The minute we sat down Andy started to talk my head off, never giving me a chance to ask him any questions. After he ran out of questions halfway through lunch he started letting me answer the questions I'd been dying to ask. I asked him about family, the band he was in during freshman year, what he plans for the future, his goals, dreams, etc. Lunch ended quicker than I had hoped, I was glad I had someone to hang with during lunch though. I just hoped it would become a regular thing and he wouldn't get sick of me. He is the only person I've felt comfortable enough around to tell about my family and everything else I'd told him.

The last few classes went by fast and I made some chit chat with a few people. Everyone was interested why I decided to come back to school a month before winter break. I came up with some bogus lie that I was being forced to.

I met Andy up front and it only took him a few minutes to roll up. On the way to his house we made very small talk. He was playing a few songs from his band "Biersack" but nothing that I recognized. He was singing along, tapping his thumbs on the steering wheel. He pulled into the driveway of a fairly large house. He left the car and ran over to open my door and let me out. He guided me to the front door and as soon as we walked inside he tried to lead me to his room without letting his parents know he had brought company.

His room was like any other teenage boys room, I suspect. There were posters of bands I'd never heard of everywhere, he had some clothes on the floor and it was really dark in his room.

We got started on the art project right away. Andy seemed really focused while drawing me. He would occasionally look at me and grin. He seemed really happy with his work after a few hours. I was in awe at how beautiful I looked. He added a few small details, like he made my hair look waiver and he added a few flowers into it. I looked ravishing.

"So do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it! Andy oh my God this is amazing!"

"Awe shucks, thanks Ade. That means a lot."

"You're very welcome."

"Should I leave it in black and white or add color?"

"Hmmm, I don't know. Show it to our art teacher tomorrow and ask his opinion."

"Sounds like a good idea. Well it's getting late I'll take you home okay?"

"Alright, sounds good. Oh hey are we working again tomorrow?"

"Well duh, you still have to work on yours silly."

"Oh yeah haha, I forgot."

"Let's go."

We snuck out of his house but then realised we didn't have to seeing as how his parents cars were both gone. Andy was shocked that they didn't tell him they were leaving.

Andy drove me home and it was almost silent except for his music and the noise of his thumbs tapping the steering wheel. As soon as he pulled up to what I called "home" I felt embarassed. My house was nothing compared to his. Mine was small and looked trashy. I told Andy a quick goodbye and hopped out of his vehicle. I half jogged to the front door before he could say anything back. I ran up to my room where Gracie was waiting for me.