Chapter 14

"She can't just freak out on her teachers and expect no consequences."

"Principal Hackett with all due respect but you should be punishing the teacher."

"Why? She did nothing wrong?"

I wanted to scream at him. He was the most delusional fucker ever. What kind of teacher questions someone's life like that and expects to be treated with respect?

"Sir, you do realise Ade doesn't and won't talk about what happened with her parents to anyone right? The teacher was in the wrong. She shouldn't question a students life unless they are close. Ade just met this teacher on Monday."

"Okay I see your point, but Ade needs to learn how to control her anger."

I'm definitely speaking up now, fuck this. "Sir you do realise I have no problem holding it back, but I am not comfortable with being bombarded with questions about my situation. I have been holding my tounge this whole conference. So obviously there is no problem."

"You still can't walk away free."

"Why? Because I freaked out on a teacher who had NO right to bombard me with questions? That's a little unfair."

"You're still taking a tone with people that shouldn't be given to anyone superior of you."

"Respect is earned, not given." And with that I walked out of his office and into the hallway.

Andy was waiting for me.
"Hey little sister, how'd it go?"

"Horrible. Principal Hackett is so delusional. He literally thinks my teacher had every right to question me about my situation. She didn't."

"What is wrong with him? And he wonders why no one wants to come to his school anymore."

"I don't even want to go here anymore."

"Neither do I."

"I wish I never would have chosen to go to this school. It's bullshit."

Principal Hackett walked out of his office and wandered off muttering to himself. Andy must have heard something he said because he freaked out after that.

"That's it, I'm calling my mom and getting you a lawyer."

"Okay it's not that serious."

"Yes, yes it is. The teacher and the principal need to be fired. He will do any and everything for the teachers but nothing for the students. I'm fed up with it. Did you not hear what he was saying under his breath?"

"No? What'd he say?"

"Never mind I don't want to repeat it. It's horrible."

"Just tell me."

"No."

Andy pulled out his phone and started dialing. I don't want some lawyer dealing with this. It's just unfair, but I'll take my punishment and get over it. Why is he bringing the law into it?

"Andy please don't, this is silly."

"How? The principal just treated you unfairly and he favored a teacher who is only interested in keeping her job. Not to mention the horrible things he was saying under his breath about you."

"So? I'll just take my punishment and leave it at that. It's not a big deal, really."

"Fine, if that's really what you want then I'll back off and let you get in trouble, and let him get away with what he said."

"Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever." And with that Andy walked away.

The bell rang signaling that third period was about to start. I ran up the stairs quickly and headed to the art room. To my surprise Andy was there early. When I walked in he turned his head and faced the window. The bell rang quickly and the teacher started talking immediately.

"Okay class, this is the last day that you can work on your project. It's due tomorrow. Good luck."

Andy seemed to have no interest in talking to me so I just started drawing. I made a couple adjustments and was almost finished with the drawing by the end of class. When the bell rang Andy got up quickly and practically ran out of the classroom.

"Ade can I have a word with you?"

"Um yeah, what's up?"

"So I was informed that you were having a stressful week. You found out you have a brother who happens to be Andy and such, so I'm giving you an extension on your proj-"

"I don't need it. I'm almost done."

"Oh, just thought it would help to give you the weekend to do it."

"No I'm good. No matter how stressful my life is at the moment I can handle keeping balanced in school and doing my work."

"Okay, well have a nice day. I can't wait to see your drawing."

"You too."

I decided not to go sit with Andy at lunch and went to the library instead. To my surprise Caroline was in there and wanted me to sit with her.

Halfway through lunch I decided to text Andy and see if he was mad at me.

Me: Are you mad at me?

Big Brother: no... why?

Me: Because you didn't talk to me at all during art. It seemed like you were ignoring me...

Big Brother: Well I wasn't.

Me: Okay...

Big Brother: See ya after school.

Me: You still want me to come over?

Big Brother: Well you still have to finish your art project...

Me: I'm almost done with it, so I won't take up too much of your time.

Big Brother: Good.

Me: Yea....

Big Brother: Bye.

Me: Bye):

A/N
So I'm aware that cussing in writing can seem "immature" and stuff but the only time I do use it in writing is when Ade is talking or thinking. Remember that she's a teenage girl and most teenage girls do cuss. Therefore please do not think little of my story because of the language. Thank you for reading.