EMO OTAKUS ARE APART OF OUR CULTURE

So I had a friend going through a weeaboo phase, she was a year older than me. For now let’s call her Fluffy. Fluffy was completely fine while going through her weeaboo phase. Though Fluffy did do annoying things she would never do any one them in public and though I did get bruises from her hitting me, it didn’t exactly hurt that bad. It just was bad when she discovered her “true self” over the summer.

You see, over the summer she discovered that since Sasuke (from Naruto) isn’t real then the closest thing she could get to dating Sasuke is an emo boy. And apparently the only way to do that is to become emo. Fluffy….Fl-no just no…no.

I would normally be fine with this but she used to have such a pretty face and now she just puts globs of liquid eyeliner all over eyes like a raccoon. Ok ok, so I went to her house on a weekend and I noticed right away that she changed. Not only did she brag about how “Kawaii” she is for being nerdy and emo but she did it EVERY 5 MINUTES. She also said that she no longer listens to Vocaloids and only to screamo covers, I’d be fine with that… just she didn’t have to demonstrate it into my ear.

Moving on.

We went on a walk to the park and we saw a little boy there (about four years old) playing at the park with his mom. Fluffy thought it’d be so cool to look at the boy every time the mom wasn’t looking and flip up her middle finger. Like most little boys, he began to copy it which made his mom super angry. My only reaction was to whisper “Fluffy, what the hell?” and her response was “LOL you’re such a baka. I’m slowly teaching that boy how to be emo.” Before I could really react the mom walked towards us and told us that if she sees us near her son again she’d call our parents. Fluffy got up and did son sort of weird scream thing. Fluffy yelled at the mom for “not understanding that emo otakus are apart of both Japan’s and America’s culture and that everyone needs to be apart of it.” I just couldn’t handle it. I walked away and never answered any Fluffy’s calls or Facebook messages again.