Chapter 10

Natsu's Pov.

Finally we made it into the forest. Listening to the mayor talk on and on was so boring. I walked alongside Lucy and sniffed around to find any weird scents lurking around. The mayor said that there was a cave around here somewhere and believed that the dark guild was held around there.

I looked over at Lucy. I focused on her breath hitch up as we walked in the forest. She seemed to be tired but wouldn't wanna admit it. I looked over at her and she gave me a small smile as her hair fell into her eyes a little. Her strut and pace decreased.

"Hey Luce, how about we take a break?" I finally ask. She nodded and we sat on the ground.

"Natsu it's getting cold. Can you make a fire?"

"Sure Lucy but let's find some shelter first. I think I saw a tree that we passed that had provided a lot of shade and was well hidden a few moments ago. Also here, use my scarf for now. It's better than nothing and I'm fine if it's with someone I really care about." She blushed.

"Okay, well let's go then", she said, springing up on her feet.

I walked closer to her so that some of my heat would generate onto her. Every now and then our arms would brush against each other and I'd blush. Keep it together Natsu, I told myself. We backtracked for a little until I spotted the tree.

"It's over here Luce!" I pointed to the huge tree that had enough space for several people.

Third person Narrative Pov.

Natsu and Lucy raced each other to the tree.

"I won!" Natsu shouted. Lucy giggled and then got dizzy. She was 7 inches away from hitting the ground when Natsu caught her. She smiled weakly.

"I must have used up a lot of energy somehow, already." She sighed. Natsu started to worry.

"But Lucy, you haven't used a lot of you're energy. How are you already drained out."

Lucy shrugged her shoulders. Natsu sat down with his back to the tree and moved Lucy to be into his arms. They fell asleep like that for a little totally forgetting about the mission. Natsu woke up when he noticed Lucy shivering and felt her cold skin. She shuddered by the touch. He woke her up.

"Hey Luce, you're soo cold. I'm gonna go run and see if I could find some good fire wood to warm you up. Is that gonna be okay with you?"

Lucy nervously nodded and told the dragonslayer to come back as soon as it was possible so she wouldn't worry. Natsu gave her a kiss on the forehead as she said goodbye. He looked at her with a serious expression.

"Lucy, I will be right back. Nothing is gonna happen and know that I've always been there to catch you before you fall. Just relax and don't worry, alright?" He said. Also I couldn't live with myself if you weren't okay because I love you each day every more with just one of your small smiles, he thought.

"I know Natsu. I trust you." She said simply and he nodded before vanishing through the forest. Little did they know that the members of The purple flame had been watching there every move the whole time.