Chapter 8

Third person narrative Pov.

The two fell asleep in their motel room that they rented for the night. Natsu still on the floor while Lucy was on the bed. They slept soundly for a few hours until Lucy had a bad dream. She started to squirm in her sleep, waking up Natsu.

Natsu's Pov.

I awake early in the night and hear Lucy squirming. I look down at her body and notice that she's also shivering. (A/N just noticed how pervy that sounded... What's he Checkin out?😱😰😂 Get it together Author-San) She must also be cold, I thought. I gently jumped in the bed with her and wrapped my hands around her waist. Then I put my scarf around her neck.

"Humph... N-Natsu." She mumbled snuggling up closer to me.

" She mumbled snuggling up closer to me

"It's okay Lucy I'm here. Sleep tight, nothing's gonna happen because I got you. Everything is going to be fine." I whispered to her.

She smiled in her sleep and dug her face into my chest moving closer to me. She was sound asleep as I laid by her side this time instead of being on the floor.

"I love you Lucy Heartfillia."

Oh crap! Did I just say that out loud. Oh well, she's asleep. I gave a quiet sigh and just focused on her. I couldn't really fall asleep because I wasn't that tired at the moment anymore. One things for certain though. When we get back from this mission, I'm going to confess to her. I thought about it more until darkness took me and I fell asleep.

---TIME SKIP---

*morning*

Still Natsu's Pov.

I awake to an empty bed besides myself in it. Where's Lucy? Worriedly I jump out of the bed and look around for her until I heard the shower water running. Lucy I thought. I ran through the bathroom door to check on her and make sure she was okay. Stupid me forgetting one important fact- THAT SHES IN THE SHOWER! Naked! Lucy's eyes widened in horror.

"NATSU WHAT THE HELL, GET OUT BAKA!" Lucy sneered.

I was enjoying her being pissed off. She looked so cute! I decided to be stubborn and see where that got me.

"No." Was all I said.

"WHY!"

"Because Luce..."

"NATSU PLEASE GET OUT!" She pleaded.

I thought about it. No! I started to stript down in front of Lucy to make my way into the shower with her. She blocked her eyes which made me smirk.

"NATSU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

"What does it look like weirdo. I'm coming into the shower with you." I chuckled matter-the-factly. A tick bomb appeared on Lucy's head.

"NATSU YOU CANT JUST BARGE IN AND TAKE A SHOWER WITH ME ITS WEIRD

"NATSU YOU CANT JUST BARGE IN AND TAKE A SHOWER WITH ME ITS WEIRD." She scolded.

I shrugged.

"WHY ARE YOU IN HERE?" She repeated after calming down.

"Umm to clean myself and protect you. You never know. Some water monster can come up from the drain and try to steal you away!"

Lucy looked at me in bewilderment at my stupid excuse and rolled her eyes. I helped her shampoo her hair and tried my best not to focus on her body.

"Alright Natsu lets get out of here, get dressed and tell the person who requested us that we'll take care of the hidden dark guild before we go out to complete the mission." She said simply.

I nodded.