Chapter 4: After Party

Aja had forgotten how cold it could get in New York. She shivered as she toted her bags down the street. Her feet were throbbing as she walked back to her destination.

"Hey, can I get two hot dogs and a bottle of water." The store clerk rung the items up and told her to keep the money.

"Thank you." She said putting the money she owed in the tip jar.

The store clerk nodded and watched as she left. Aja hit the nearest alleyway and began to stuff her face. Each bite she took her stomach growled even louder. She sighed sitting her bags down onto the ground and continued to eat. The lights flickered in the alleyway as the moon began to show.

After eating her food and beverage Aja dosed off in a matter of 20 minutes. Her shivered as she slept. The temperature wasn't as bad as other nights but it was still freezing outside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at GQ the party was jumping and Richard watched as his interns and employees mingled with celebrities from Beyonce to Carmelo Anthony. Richard got on the stage to make a brief announcement.

"I would like to thank all of you for coming out tonight and I hope that you all are having a great time," Richard said as everyone cheered in agreement.

"Just a reminder that all votes for Man Of The Year are being counted at midnight." He informed.

Mina strutted her way up to Richard and handed him a glass of champagne. He gave her a light smile. He stepped down from the stage and walked to his office with Mina by his side.

"I knew people were going to show up but... it's over 150 people in the office right now and more are trying to get in," Mina sighed.

Richard closed the blinds and locked his office door as Mina sat on the sofa Richard had in his office.

"It's a good thing we have security and invites because then we'd have a big problem. And I tried to get in contact with Aja but I was sent straight to voice mail, I hope everything is okay with her father." She pouted.

"I'm sure he is...how about we hold off on the interviews with the athlete that wins and focus on us." Richard said pulling her closer to him.

"Us? Richard your my boss and as handsome as you are I don't want anyone in the office saying that I got the job because you have a feelings for me." Mina moved out of his grasp.

"Mina who gives a damn what people have to say? You know how are you worked to get this position and what I have are more than feelings." He looked in her eyes.

Mina touched his face and gently kissed his lips. A knock on the door made him open his eyes slowly. She wiped the lipstick from his lips and opened the door.

"Hi, Mr. Irving." Mina said as she walked out of the room.

"Hey Mina," Kyrie smirked looking at his friends who looked tomato red.

"You good man?" Rich nodded grabbing his half filled champagne flute.

"Never better. What time is it?" Rich cleared his throat.

"It's about a a few seconds away from midnight." Kyrie said as he looked at his watch.

Mina got on the stage and settled everyone done as she prepared to announce the Man Of The Year award for GQ. She signaled Richard to come closer to the stage.

"Everyone please put your hands together for GQ's Man Of The Year....Kyrie Irving!" Mina shouted excitedly.

"Congratulations, man you earned it." Richard said holding his hand up like he'd won a boxing match.

"Thank you Rich." He said. Richard playfully bowed down making him laugh.

Kyrie smiled as everyone cheered his name. He hugged Richard and Mina as they gave him the award. The camera flashed in his face as he kissed it.

"Speech!" Richard shouted making everyone mock him.

"Um it's an honor to receive such a great award that I really thought was something like this was gonna go to some like LeBron or Steph but never in a million years did I think this would happen... thank you all who voted I appreciate every last one of you." He said before pointing to the DJ.

Kyrie exited the stage as the music played. The began intern immediately started asking to do interviews with him but he decided to politely decline. After partying for what felt like hours,  Kyrie thanked everyone and walked to his the hotel he'd been staying in.

"It's a good thing I'm walking." Kyrie shook his head as he looked at the bumper to bumper traffic at 3am.

He frowned when he heard a woman crying out for help.

"Come on baby just give me that pussy and then I'll be on my way." A man said pinning a woman's arms down.

"Help me! Somebody help!" She shouted trying to get out of his grasp.

"Shut up and give me what I want!" He punched her in the face as he tugged at her panties.

She held her face as he successfully removed her panties and spread her legs.

"You look so good." The man said exposing his yellow teeth.

"Help me!" She belted as he pulled himself out of his pants.

He licked his lips and pulled her closer to him but just as he was about to enter her center, his body was yanked and thrown to the ground.

"You like raping women huh?" Kyrie asked as the homeless man held onto his head.

"She was giving it away so I was willingly taking her offer." He snickered.

Kyrie had enough of his talking. Before he could throw a punch, police arrived on the scene informing Kyrie that they would handle the situation and that he should leave the scene.

"Hey you okay?" Kyrie squatted down as she flenched.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise.... If you don't come with me the police will make you go to a shelter and I wouldn't want you to be living like that so, please come with me." She looked into his eyes and grabbed his hand.

He helped her up and covered her body with her blanket.

"Aja, right?" Kyrie grabbed her bags and then her hand.

"Y-yes. How'd you - Kyrie?" She whispered remembering who he was.

"Let's get  to the hotel so, you can get some food and rest." He said as they walked towards the hotel.

Don't forget to comment and vote.😊