Chapter 33: Parenting

"Daddy, that's all wrong! Mommy does my hair using the red bows and she puts my hair in two puffs not one." Sasha whined.

Kyrie sighed trying to do Sasha's hair as she ranted about his Daddy doo. She folded her arms and mugged him in the mirror as he continued to form one puff.

"Listen, I don't care about your attitude and mommy is busy right now, so, unless you want your hair flying in the air then I suggest you be quiet and let me do your hair." Kyrie snatched up a elastic band with the famous red bow tied it around her hair. "Go eat your breakfast and don't play in those chairs or it's me and you." He warned placing Sasha on her feet and walked by the guestroom where Aja was sleeping for the last few weeks.

"I've learned not to blame a person's choices on myself and that it's okay to forgive them for the things they've done to me but only when I'm ready." Kyrie stood eavesdropping on her phone conversation with Dr. Andrews.

Therapy was helping her open up more just not with Kyrie. Anytime they were in a setting alone, Aja would get uncomfortable and run to her room. He didn't want to come off as jealous but he was. Dr. Andrews was her security blanket when she needs to talk and that what Kyrie thought he'd be but things were different.

"That's good...Remember that holding grudges against those individuals is blocking your blessings and only stops you from getting where you want to be. Okay, I think that's enough for today, I should be back in the office by Thursday don't hesitate to call me if you need my help with anything, alright?"

"Yes ma'am, thank you." She nodded.

"You're welcome and enjoy your weekend, I want to hear all about it in the next session."

Aja smiled lightly. "Okay, bye, bye." She hung up and sighed as she rubbed down her face.

"MOMMY!" Sasha cried out downstairs making her jump from the bed.

Aja rushed out of the room bumping into Kyrie on the way down the stairs.

"Damn, Aja." He surrendered his hands moving aside.

"Sorry you weren't moving fast enough, baby what's wrong?" Aja asked examining Sasha little limbs.

Her food was untouched but Sasha had somehow fallen on the floor. Kyrie picked her up and sat her on the counter.

"I'm bleeding, right here." She showed them elbow with a small gash.

Aja grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen drawer.

"Mommy is going to make it better, okay? You just need to be safe." Aja said cleaning the open wound.

"No you were playing in these chairs, after I told you not to," Kyrie clenched his jaws and grabbed her by the shirt.

"Kyrie you're scaring her!" Aja shouted pushing him away.

"Go to your room and get ready for Nana to take you to the park." He sighed as she jumped from the counter with tears in her eyes and ran to her room.

"What the fuck is wrong with? That's a kid, a got damn five year old not some rag doll. " Aja said discarding bandaid wrapper and Q-tips.

"Oh so you've finally acknowledge my presence after almost three weeks of not so much as a hello or goodbye." He chuckled and shook his head.

"You just ignored the fact that you've man handled Sasha-I really don't want have time for any of your bullshit Kyrie." Aja tried to leave the kitchen but Kyrie blocked the door.

"Alright but when you get a child that's when your opinion will matter until then let me parent my daughter." He snapped as he walked out of the kitchen.

Aja was stunned at his words, she was about to go after him but Joanne had entered with grocery bags.

"Good morning Aja, you're looking lovely today." Aja tried to ignore Kyrie's words but they'd already cut so deep.

"Morning Ms. Joanne, I am going for a walk tell Sasha I'll meet you two at the park." Aja said before slamming the front door.

"This knucklehead must've said something to pissed her off." Joanne sighed as she walked into Sasha room.

"Pretty girl, are you ready?" Sasha tied her laces and grabbed her backpack.

"Yes ma'am but can I say goodbye to mommy first?" She frowned sadly.

"She went for a walk but she told me that she'll see you when we get back." Joanne kissed her forehead.

"Are daddy and Mommy mad at me for playing?" Sasha sniffled.

"Oh no baby, they aren't ...but we're about to be late for our date with the ducklings at the lake, my backseat is full of bread." Joanne said excited.

She smiled widely making Sasha laugh as they walked into the garage where Kyrie was. He punched the hanging punching bag repeatedly releasing his anger onto it.

"Bye daddy." Sasha waved.

"See you later Stink." He'd picked her up and kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry for what I did, you forgive me?" Kyrie asked pouting.

"Eww you're sweaty." She giggled pushing him away. "Have fun with Nana, okay?" She nodded running to the car.

"You two need to fix whatever it is before, I kick your ass." Joanne smacked his head.

He sighed watching them leave before going back at the punching bag.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

After walking through down the street Aja had stopped by the library to speak with Karen Yang, she was a private tutor and also worked in the library part time. She'd spoken with Aja after stepping forward. Two years ago, she'd gone through the same thing with Cam but had but no one believed her because of his popularity. Out of all of that Yang spent nine months carrying Cam's child he knew nothing about until the day of his trial.

"Excuse me, I'm here to meet Karen Yang." Aja asked politely.

"She's up stairs on children's rug, be sure to take the stairs the elevator is down for a couple of hours." The librarian informed.

Aja thanked her and followed the librarian's directions. The smell of sweet cinnamon tickled her nose as she entered the room quietly. Children giggled at the funny faces Karen made as she told them a story.

"Eden, widened his eyes and when he can face to face with Santa Claus himself." The room filled with oo's and awe's. She spotted Aja standing from afar."That's all I'm reading for today, you guys make sure you finish those drawings so, your parents can hang them on the refrigerator."

"Yes Mrs. Yang." They answered running off to their stations.

"I'm sorry for interrupting story time, I just wanted to see how you were doing since...you know everything."

"Oh it's fine I'm working a lot more and my husband doesn't think it's the best idea seeing as though I'm six months pregnant." Aja's eyes widened making Karen laugh. "You can touch my stomach, if you'd like." She giggled placing Aja's hands on before she could decline.

"Wow." Aja felt the baby kicking her hand. "Beautiful isn't it?" Aja removed her hands quietly.

"Do you mind if I ask you something personal?" Karen wave for her to continue as she opened a pack of Hersey's cookies and cream chocolate bar.

"How did your husband react to you keeping Cam's baby?" Karen chuckled lightly and scratched her nose.

"Honestly, it hurt him but Tyler knew that I didn't want to abort a child because of how they got here. When time came to give birth my husband didn't see Benji as Cam's child, he made it clear the entire pregnancy and several times while I screamed my head off during labor that Benji was his son." She said proudly.

"It's good to see that he's supported your decision." Karen eyed Aja and grabbed her hand.

"Are you pregnant?" Aja held her head down.

Happy Thursday!
I hope I've redeemed myself from the last chapter...it wasn't my best.
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊