Chapter 5: I Care

After settling in, Kyrie sat on the balcony as Aja showered. They hadn't spoke the whole time they'd got in the room. He simply showed her around and gave her some space. There were questions he wanted to ask without over stepping his boundaries or offending her.

He sighed wiping the sides of his face as his thoughts consumed his mind.

If I would've been at the party then that sick fuck would've raped her and probably did worse. Aja can't stay on the street... I wonder if Mina could let her stay at her place. Kyrie sighed and dialed Mina's number.

"Kyrie, hold on one second...Richard you're drunk so hand over the keys and get in the passenger seat," Mina snapped as Kyrie listened to Richard's drunken speech.

"Sorry, about that your friend is very stubborn but what's going on?" Mina asked starting the car up.

"It's nothing, um I was just checking on you guys and can you make sure Rich is up for our workout in the morning?" Mina agreed and they ended the call.

"I can't have her out in the streets... think Kyrie think." He sat back down.

While Kyrie was thinking Aja was crying in the shower. She held in her emotions in Kyrie's presence and now she was able to get it out. She needed to talk to the only person who listened to her in her time of need or anytime.

"Thank you God for making sure myself and Kyrie were okay, I know that was a sign of me needing to get off of the street... I just don't know what I'm going do with $53.25 left to my name, I know you'll make away and I'm gonna stop crying," She sniffled and turned the water off.

"And put on a happy face despite my circumstances." She smiled and wrapped herself up in a clean towel.

After twenty minutes of crying and her conversation with the man above, she got dressed in an oversized sweater and cozy pajama shorts that hit her thighs just above her knees.

"Kyrie?" Aja called out as she walked into the room then stopped once she noticed he was on the balcony.

"Baby girl, you should be in bed and not watching TV while grandma is sleeping." Kyrie chuckled.

"But daddy, Grandma snores and I missed you and you promised to take me to the park tomorrow." Aja walked into the room quietly as he stand on the balcony.

"Sasha, I miss you too but I'm not breaking my promise and if you go to bed now I'll be there sooner than you think." Sasha smiled widely.

"Okay daddy. I love you." She whispered as she made her way back into bed.

"I love you more baby girl." He said before she ended the call.

The sliding door opened then closed. Aja stood holding herself as They sat in a comfortable silence.

"Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it." Aja spoke just above a whisper.

"You're welcome and I'm just happy nothing happened to you." Kyrie said grabbing her hands.

How do you tell someone you care about them without coming off as a creep.... I'll just keep it to myself for now. Kyrie sighed.

"Kyrie you really didn't-" He stood up cutting her off.

"I know now it's getting cold out here let's get inside." She nodded and entered the room with Kyrie behind her.

After ordering some food Kyrie wanted to comfort her but didn't want to come off as a creep. He watched as Aja sat on the end of the bed not wanting to invade his space but clearly Kyrie didn't mind.

"How about we play some mancala until the food comes, and we get to know each other." Aja nodded quietly as she continuing to play with her fingers.

Kryie went to his bag and grabbed the box containing the marbles as well as the board the placed it onto the bed.

"I should warn you, I'm not really good at this game... I always lose." Aja whispered looking down.

"Then this should be interesting seeing as I'm not either, my daughter Sasha always kicks my ass at this game." Kyrie said while placing the last marble down.

"That's a pretty name. How old is she?" Aja asked.

"4 going on 40, she acts like she's my mom but I don't mind that's my baby." He smiled widely.

"It's good to see a black man express his love for his daughter it warms my heart." She said smiling lightly.

"She one of my greatest accomplishments, and if it wasn't for my mom helping me I would have been clueless. Girls are really complicated." He sighed.

"And you think guys are any better?" Aja asked.

"I'll take the L now." He joked making her laugh.

They looked at each other and shared a smiled then continued the game.

She scooped up the first pocket of marbles and quickly went around the board until an empty pocket became available.

"Damn, it took you long enough." He joked making her smile lightly.

"Don't be mean." She pouted as he scooped up more marbles.

"My apologies." He said pouting along with her making her smile.

Once they'd gotten a couple of rounds of mancala and light conversation the food had arrived. Aja cleared a space on a nearby table them to eat.

"Thanks man," Kyrie tipped the guy and shut the door.

"I hope you don't mind, I moved your book bag and headphones over to the closet until we're done eating." Aja said wiping the table down.

"It's all good. I'm gonna wash my hands really quick." He said as she placed to trays of food onto the table.

"Okay, I'm right behind you." She said placing utensils on the table.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Kyrie laid on the floor of his hotel room while Aja tossed and turned in the bed. She sighed and threw the sheets back.

"You don't like the bed?" Kyrie asked with his eyes closed.

"It's fine, I just can't sleep." She whispered.

"Can I try something with you kicking my ass?" He asked.

"Yes. Sure as long as it works." Aja spoke.

Kyrie sat up and got in the bed. He pulled her close and held her gently as her back pressed against his chest. He looked down at her and watched as she drifted off to sleep.

"Good night Kyrie." Aja said before she fully closed her eyes.

"Good night Aja." Kyrie kissed her the top of her head and listened to her light snores.

Lord in heaven, please make sure you keep protecting her every time she walks out into the street....she's too good of a person. He said a silent prayer before closing his eyes.

It's short but I hope you enjoyed this chapter.