Chapter 27: Elevator Music

"I can't believe I even agreed to this." Aja said fixing her hair once more before answering the door.

Cam leaned on the door smirking with his big hat on full display. Aja rolled her eyes and pushed him aside then locked the door.

"You look beautiful." Cam said holding his hand out.

"You look tired and ridiculous with that hat on." She said as he helped her in his Mercedes truck.

" She said as he helped her in his Mercedes truck

"Nah. You're just a hater." He smirked before closing the door.

Aja saw a few stories last night on ID about celebrities snapping and killing people after dates and family functions. It had her a little on edge but she came prepared.

Her phone chimed indicating a text message had come in. She was about to check it until Cam jumped in the front seat.

Aja felt nothing but guilt and lying about her whereabouts was not making her feel better.

"You good?" Cam asked while buckling his seat belt.

"Yeah but Cam I can't go out with you...I know you said it's just dinner but I can't." She said as she opened the door.

"Is it because of your fiancé...what is he a jealous?" He said making her freeze in place.

"Yes...I hope you can understand." She sighed. Cam smiled lightly.

"I do but you go ahead and get inside." She nodded and waved at him.

Once she'd gotten back in the house she locked the door behind her and went straight to the kitchen. Her phone rang as she popped a bottle of wine.

"Hey baby, I was just about to call you." She faked a yawn.

"What's up sleeping beauty and did you get my text?" He asked.

She sipped some wine before answering. "Um no let me see what it says." Her heart flutter reading his text.

MyHeartbeat 💓 💪 👑 🏀: I know you're sleeping but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and I love you.

"Baby you still there?" Kyrie asked hoping she hadn't fallen back to sleep.

"Kyrie I need to tell you something-" Her nerves were getting the best of her.

"Hold on babe, I got give Sasha some medication." A mild combination of shuffling sheets and a whining Sasha were heard in the background.

"Sasha come here and get this over with." Kyrie sighed. It was already late and Sasha was being difficult.

"Daddy that stuff burns my nose and throat." She whined. Aja knew she was probably hiding under the bed or something. "I want mommy!"

"Stink. Come from under the bed." Kyrie squatted down pulling the bed skirt up.