Chapter 8: Ice Cream Social

After making sure his mother got to her destination along with her friends Kyrie made his way back to GQ headquarters where Aja and Sasha were supposed to be secretly planning their big surprise but Aja got tangled in her work. Stanley (the intern) gladly used his lunch break and sat with Sasha while Aja worked on a couple posts and looks for her first interview with Kyrie.

"I think we need more glitter, what do you think?" Sasha asked Stanley as he assisted with her artwork.

"Just a little more and extra googly eyes." He said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"When is Ms.Aja going to be finished?" Sasha asked Stanley.

"She'll be done soon but how about we go to the play room... I heard they have a Barbie dream house and video games in there." Sasha gasped.

"Are you fibbing?" She poked his chest.

"I'm not fibbing and how old are? 20?" Stanley asked leading her to the play room.

"I'm four but my Nana said I'm advanced." She said as matter of fact.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aja had finally gotten her looks and her work done. She headed to lunch with Sasha while Kyrie stayed behind to chat with Richard.

"I'm loved the Alien you put on my desk." Though it took Aja a while to figure out Sasha's abstract art work until Stanley gave her a hint.

"I put extra glitter like Mr.Stanley told me to and eyes too." Sasha informed.

"Oh my! I love glitter and extra googly eyes it's just what I need to make my cubicle stylish. Remind me to thank Stanley for helping you and What do you want to eat Chinese or Pizza?" Aja picked her up as they walked through the busy streets of New York.

"Pizza!" She sang. Aja could help but laugh at her excitement.

"Pizza it is and we have to talk about the surprise for your dad." Sasha nodded quietly.

"Anything without clowns would be good. Daddy hates clowns."

"Me too. They give me the creeps." Aja and Sasha shivered at the thought.

"Ms.Aja?" She asked.

"Yes sweetheart." Aja said as they entered the pizzeria.

"Do you like my daddy?" Sasha blurted out.

The question made Aja smile. She did like Kyrie but she didn't want to be with him because of what he could do for her financially. She wanted it to be genuine like it was now. No rush just smooth sailing. And with a child involved Aja wanted to make sure Sasha understood the course of their relationship.

"Yes but boys have cooties." Sasha giggled.

"Can you stay with us forever?" Aja smiled lightly.

"I can't make any promises but I will always be around for you and your dad if either of you need me." Sasha smiled widely and hugged Aja's neck.

"You're the best." Sasha whispered in Aja's ear then kissed her cheek.

I'd go above and beyond for her.
Aja thought.

They enjoyed their lunch and completely planned their surprise for Kyrie. On the way back, Aja got Stanley a gyro platter, it was her reward to him for hanging with Sasha.

"I'm sleepy Ms.Aja." Sasha pouted as they'd gotten off the elevator.

"Okay when we get inside the office I'll get you some warm milk and honey." She nodded and held onto Aja's hand.

"Hey pretty girl," Mina smiled as she opened the door.

"Hi Ms.Mina." Sasha yawned.

"Would you like to come in your uncle Richard's office and take a nap?" Mina asked sweetly. Sasha shook her head.