Chapter 18: Sleeping Beauty

Richard fluffed a few pillows surrounding Aja's body as the machines beeped throughout the room. Mina laid her head on Aja's hand as she continued to sleep. Both Richard and Mina had been doing entirely too much since they'd gotten in the room. The nurses even suggested that they go to the cafeteria or take a walk but they declined.

"When is Kyrie getting here?" Mina asked as Richard checked his phone once more.

"I think he's in the lobby now, I'm gonna be right back. If she wakes up call me." She nodded and watched Richard run out of the room.

Kyrie was bombarded by paparazzi as he entered the hospital. He didn't have time for any bullshit and he didn't want to do anything but see Aja. As the elevator doors opened on Aja's floor, he came face to face with Sonya who quickly backed away.

"You did this shit didn't you!" His hands tighten around the flowers he'd gotten for Aja.

"That bitch had it coming." She smirked.

"You hurt the one person who had your back...And to think Aja just wanted you back in Sasha's life." He pushed her against the wall.

"Kyrie I-" Sonya stopped once she noticed his eyes darkening.

" "Nah don't say shit to me! It's taking everything in me not to drag your ass up and down this hallway and-" A hand gently patted his back.

"Son. I think that's enough." Joanne said softly pulling his away from her throat. "Come on baby, Richard's here." She informed while holding a sleeping Sasha.

"Richard do you mind taking my granddaughter while I speak to this... woman." He nodded quietly not getting a good look at Sonya who turned her back.

"I'll be right behind you guys." She said before turning her attention to Sonya.

"I really don't have time for the bullshit." Sonya sighed as she tried to sidestep her. Joanne chuckled lightly.

"Oh well I'm guessing you'll have all time in the world once you're behind bars then. And the next time you think about laying a hand on my family... I will make sure you disappear."Joanne said before she smiled lightly and walked away. Sonya rolled her eyes.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Mina had finished up her prayer for Aja as everyone the room quietly. Kyrie stood outside of her room. He couldn't allow himself to see her like that.

Seeing her in pain wasn't something he wanted to witness and it angered him. The promise he'd made to protect her had failed and that he solely blamed himself. It was beyond Sonya's jealously, he felt that second encounter with Sonya should've been solved then and there but instead nothing was done. In this moment he couldn't do anything but cry.

"Baby boy." He ignored his mother's voice and smacked his head repeatedly.

"I should've done more... it's my fault she's in that bed!" Joanne jumped at his anger. "I was supposed to protect her and love her but I can't even do that without her getting hurt." His voice cracked as he slid down the wall.

There was no way Joanne could see her baby boy like this. It was all to familiar to her.

"Uh-Uh. Look at me, you are not going to sit in here and cry about things that were out of your control. Sonya actions were not programed by you. And I refuse to stand here and let you beat yourself up over this....That woman in that room is strong... though you might want to get it together because she's been waiting for you." Joanne said holding her hands out to help him up. His eyes widened.

"What?" He furrowed his brows and stood in disbelief.

"Go see for yourself." She smirked wiping the remainder of his tears.

As he opened the door he heard Sasha talking. He smiled lightly as she laid in bed next to Aja. He cleared his throat before walking fully into the room.

"You're like sleeping beauty but better looking and you have boo-boo's that's okay though cause you have me, daddy and Nana to help make you better." Sasha whispered in Aja's ear but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Aww. Thank you baby." Aja held the sides of her mouth as she spoke.

The added pressure from her nose reconstruction made it hard for her to speak with everyone. So, they kept their words short and let Sasha talk about her week with Aja.

"I love you Ms.Aja." Sasha kissed her forehead softly.

Aja smiled weakly as a tear rolled from her eyes. Her heart was so full though her head throbbed terribly. She couldn't understand why Sonya could abandon a child like Sasha.

"I love you too Sasha." Aja said as her eyes diverted to Kyrie.

Mina and Richard got the hint that Aja and Kyrie needed each other. Joanne whispered in Aja's ear and gathered her things.

"Hey Sasha, how about we go get some ice cream before the cafeteria closes and I have the hook up, so we may have some sprinkles." Mina smiled rubbing her belly.

"Okay but can we get sour patch kids too?" She asked as Richard picked her up.

"I'm not sure they have sour patch kids sassy pants but we'll go check out the vending machines on the way there." Joanne chuckled as Richard spoke.

Kyrie closed the door behind them and sighed. He walked over to her with the bouquet flowers as he promised and placed them on the small nightstand. Aja kept her eyes on him as he sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Aja...I'm sorry." He said holding his head down.

Aja didn't feel like crying or talking about it. She just wanted him to hold her despite the pain she was in. With shaky hands Aja rubbed on the top of his head as he held back his tears and lifted his head.

"Kyrie." Aja spoke softly earning his attention. "Can you hold me?" She slid over fighting the pain from her injuries.

"Yeah."Kyrie said and smiled. He removed his shoes and carefully climbed in the bed.

I love this woman with all my heart. I'll do anything for her. I don't care how long I've known her. I want her, I want her to be my wife . I will never let something like this happen ever again. Until then, I have something for that bitch. Kyrie thought as he heard Aja's light snores.

Happy Saturday.
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊