Chapter 21: Sasha's Choice

After three long weeks of bed rest and physical therapy sessions, Aja was finally able to get around on her own without any issues but of course Kyrie wasn't letting her out of his sight. So instead of going to work today he made her come to practice with him. Aja would briefly glance between her laptop and Kyrie as he practiced.

With football approaching, the men of the NFL will test the waters of fashion. The question that lingers in my mind is who will "wow" the fans with out of the box styles... Will it be the "catch" himself Odell Beckham Jr, or Superman Cam Newton? Comparing from looks of last year can't even come close to what these two have up their sleeves. All I know is that we have to wait and see.

Aja typed the rest of the entry for the blog post as well as including a few pictures before looking up at Kyrie again. She saved her work and put her laptop away. Her eyes widened when she realized that all the guys were shirtless with sweat dripping down their bodies. Something about that turn her on making her bite her lip.

Lord forgive me for staring but those men are fine. Aja thought shaking her head.

"Ms.Aja!" Sasha ran across the court with her coloring book in hand.

"Baby slow down you might fall." Aja said. Sasha stopped then walked the rest of the way. "Thank you for walking pretty but weren't you supposed to be playing with in the kids gym?" Aja asked helping her up on the bleachers.

"Yes but those kids are older than I am and daddy said if I get bored I could hang with you." She said sitting in Aja's lap. "Do you have snacks?"

He think he's slick using this innocent child against me. Aja thought.

"Yes. I've got some popcorn and gummy bears. Which one do you want?" Sasha tapped her temple for a few seconds.

"Popcorn please." She smiled widely making Aja laugh lightly.

"Popcorn it is." Aja said shaking the bag.

They snacked on the buttery treat as Kyrie did multiple plays. Coach blew the whistle for a five minute break. As Kyrie went to get some gatorade he heard a few of the guys talking about how fine his woman is. It wasn't the first time Aja was the talk of the court.

"If I had five minutes with her-" JR whispered to the group of guys.

"Five minutes! That's it my nigga?" Iman laughed. JR smacked his lips and shrugged.

"Both of y'all need to shut up and stop talking about my lady like that be grateful for the women you got. What y'all asses need to be focused on is winning another championship." Kyrie said before sipping on his gatorade.

"Oh shit... nigga you in love with her." JR said while taking a seat.

"Yeah I do." The guys smiled widely making Kyrie chuckle. "Before y'all start with the bullshit, I have plans on marrying her but she has goals and once those are accomplished then I'll ask her to marry me." He ignored their confused facial expressions.

"What makes you think she wants to marry?" A hating ass bench player asked.

"I don't but I'm willing to do any and everything to be in her presence... it's not about being married or even getting married, it's about her and I wanting to happy... even if we aren't together." Coach blew the whistle for practice to resume.

Kyrie smirked knowing how blessed he was to have three beautiful women in his life. He didn't have a doubt in his mind that they weren't perfect for each other. He'd already had discussed this over with his mom and Sasha. They both approved of Aja being apart of the family months ago.

Once practice was over they returned home with a sleeping Sasha who was nice and snug in bed. Leaving Aja and Kyrie to themselves. Aja stood in the kitchen cooking like a pro. The smell of a home cooked meal hit Kyrie's nose as he placed on his shirt. He jogged down stairs and entered the kitchen.

"Mmm. It smells good in here. What's for dinner Chef Darryl?" He asked leaning on the counter watching her.

"Grilled Steak well done, steamed broccoli and garlic mash potatoes. Oh and our drink of choice is red wine but since you have random drug tests... Welch's apple cider." She pointed over at the bottle. "Did you want me to make something else?" Aja asked looking over her shoulder at him.

"No you been on your feet too long, if I need anything else I'll make it myself." Kyrie said getting out the plates.

"Okay, I'm gonna put Sasha's food to the side and set the table." She went to fix their Sasha's plate but Kyrie stopped her.

"Go sit down, I got it." Kyrie said moving her out of his way. "Now I see where Sasha gets it from." She sighed grabbing the cider and champagne flutes. "Salt don't look good on you babe, now can you please sit your beautiful self down." Kyrie said neatly plating the as if he cooked it. Aja nodded.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

After getting Sasha to eat her dinner and a bath, she'd fallen back asleep in Kyrie's arms. Kyrie completed his night time routine and laid her into bed being sure Barbie was there with her. He made sure all her night lights were on and door was cracked before going to the master bedroom.

"Daddy's baby is knocked out but now it's time to put my other baby to bed." Kyrie said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Aja remained silent, oddly it was a comfortable silence. She turned in his arms and looked into his eyes. Her heart raced with anticipation.

Just tell him already... it's not like he doesn't know....right? Aja thought while fiddling with her fingers.

"You okay?" Kyrie whispered.

"Yeah." She lied.

"You pregnant?" Kyrie asked grabbed her hands and lifted her head.

"No. I just started my cycle today." He inwardly frowned as they made their way to by the bed. There were many things Kyrie wanted with Aja and another baby was on the list. "So what's the problem?" Aja sighed.

"Sasha asked me if she could call me mommy today when we were watching you practice." She spoke quickly not taking a breath then sat on the edge of the bed. "What did you say?" He asked massaging her feet.

"I didn't...I'd hate to disrespect anyone let alone Sonya. As much as problems she's caused I still have respect for her as Sasha's mother. It wouldn't be right if I just said yes... even if I wanted to." A tear slid down her cheek. Aja chuckled lightly and wiped it away. "Sorry." She said before clearing her throat.

Kyrie placed her feet in his lap once he'd gained a spot on the bed. He wore a blank expression before speaking.

"Do you know everytime I'm around Sasha all she talks about is you... my mom calls me everyday and doesn't even ask me how I'm doing cause she's too busy trying to she what's going on with Aja Darryl." He mocked his mother's voice and rolled his eyes. "I applaud you for caring about Sonya after all of the shit she did to you but she had her chance to be Sasha's mom and she failed." Kyrie looked into her eyes as Aja played with the end of her shirt.

"You've been nothing but good to Sasha and myself...Which is why I have to change your last name." He said he stood from the bed. "Kyrie what are you doing?" Aja asked with wide eyes and holding her chest. "I plan on making you an Irving woman and what better moment then right now." He got on his knee and held out his hand.

To be continued....
Happy Monday!
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊