Chapter 36: Promises

Kyrie stood silent for a moment gazing into Aja's eyes, taking in every bit of her beauty that hadn't gone unrecognized. The bags under her eyes seemed larger than usual which came from either, her lack of sleep due to work or crying herself to sleep.

She look like she's barely holding on, probably hasn't slept in days. Kyrie watched her hips swaying naturally in her boyfriend jeans as she walked closer to him.

"Hi." Aja said just above a whisper looking at her trembling hands.

"Hey." Kyrie said grabbing her shaking hands. "Momma told me you weren't coming." He said while rubbing the top of her hands with the pad of his thumbs.

"I told her not to tell you." Aja said feeling him pull her closer. "I wanted it to be a surprise for both you and Sasha." Kyrie combed the exposed hair back from Aja's face with his fingers and kissed her forehead softly.

"Kyrie, I-" Aja started to speak but he cut her off.

"We'll talk later, okay?" Kyrie remained calm while he looked into her eyes.

"Of course." Aja feeling his minty breath tickle her nostrils.

"Can I have a hug now?" She nodded as he closed the space between them. Her eyes closed briefly. His lips connected once more with her forehead.

I'm surprised she's still wearing her ring. He looked down at her hand as they'd walked hand in hand the the sky box. As happy as they both were to be in each others presence there was still somethings that needed to be done.

But for a few hours the both of them wanted to enjoy their family. Kyrie couldn't wait to see the look on Sasha's face once they'd got through the door. Aja hid behind him as he opened the door.

"Stink, I got a surprise for you." Kyrie said as Aja held onto the back of his shirt.

"I'm too hungry for surprises daddy, I need food." She whined rubbing her belly.

"I guess we're gonna have to fix that, huh?" Aja smiled widely making Sasha jumped from her NaNa's lap.

"MOMMY!" Sasha shouted.

"Hey baby." Aja scooped her into her arms and spin her around. "I missed you so much, I'm assuming that your throat is feeling better by you shouting my name." Sasha snuggled into her arms. "I'm just excited mommy but can we go eat now?" Aja giggled at her pouted lip.

"Sure. I don't need you disappearing on me." Aja kissed her cheek and placed her on her feet.

"I'm about to if we don't get out here, I'm starving." Joanne said before biting into Sasha's marshmallows.

As cameras flashed they entered Luigi's with Joanne and Sasha waiting. The hostess guided them to their seats located away from others in the restaurant.

"Hi, I'm Tracy and I'll be your waitress this evening, what would you like to drink?" The cheerful blonde haired waitress asked.

"I want spahzgetti and meatballs with lots of cheese, oh and strawberry lemonade." She smiled while writing down Sasha's order.

"Hmm. I'll have the same thing with white wine and water." Joanne said before handing over the menu.

"And for you ma'am?" Tracy asked waiting patiently.

Aja opened her mouth to talk but Kyrie spoke instead.

"She'll have the risotto with asparagus and grilled pinapple salmon fillet. Her drink of choice will be strawberry kiwi daiquiri." He felt the eyes of his mother and Fiancée burning a hole into his face. "And I'll have the steak and stuffed potato." Tracy nodded and wrote his order.

"Okay. I will put your orders in and come back with those drinks." She collect the rest of the menus and walked away.

"I hope you don't mind me ordering your dinner for you." He said as he draped his arm around her.

"No.That's actually what I wanted...thank you." She blushed trying hiding her face with her hair.

Why am I blushing over a food order? Aja get it together! Aja cleared her throat as the waitress brought their drinks.

"You're welcome gorgeous." He kissed her forehead softly. Joanne rolled her eyes at the two love birds putting on a show for Sasha.

"Mommy, can I sit in your lap?" Sasha asked wiggling in between her and Kyrie. Aja nodded quietly.

Dinner had come to an end with Sasha falling asleep with pasta sauce on her face and a few noodles in her hair. Joanne chuckled as Kyrie put her in backseat of Aja's rental car. He jogged back to his car where Aja sat quietly. The car ride back to Kyrie's was an awkward one, Aja couldn't seem to spark a conversation with him and neither could he.

Once Sasha was tucked into bed with the company of her grandmother she began snoring her life away while Joanne watched a recording of Family Feud. Kyrie made his way downstairs to the backyard where Aja paced nervously.

"So, you ready to talk?" Kyrie said closing the sliding door behind him.

"This was a mistake, I shouldn't have came here...not like this." Aja said before attempting to walk away.

Aja couldn't even look at him anymore her nerves were so bad. She shook her head and turned to leave but he wasn't going to let that happen again.

"Uh-Uh, I'm tired of you running away from me, if we can sit at a table and talk to each other about bullshit then we can now, sit down and talk to me." Kyrie pulled her onto his lap and turned her face in his direction.

Aja looked down at him clenching his jaws. He'd had enough of her fleeing the scene when it was convenient for her. It was time for her to explain why she was behaving that way and visa versa.

"When Sonya attacked me, I prayed for her though I should've acted differently but I didn't because of you. And when you went out of your way to disrespect me, after you gave me a title I never asked for then making me feel like crap." Aja poked his chest while holding her emotions in.

"I wasn't trying to make you feel like crap those weren't my intentions and I apologize for disrespecting you that was no way to express my anger but not once have I regretted making you Sasha's mother or my soon to be wife." The sincerity in his voice warmed her heart though her face said otherwise.

"I'm damaged and you still want me?" She spoke softly.

"Look at me," Kyrie lifted her head. "You are far from being damaged

"You're far from damaged baby. You're more than just a victim. You're so strong and I admire you for being that way." Kyrie said to her before embracing her. Aja's tears fell hard.

Kyrie was still willing to love her, after everything.

"I love you so much Aja, there's nothing in the world I wouldn't do for you. I want you to be my wife and I mean that." Aja wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips with passion.

"I love you too Kyrie. Just don't hurt me again, or I'll kick your ass." She threatened playfully.

"Pinky promise." He said holding his finger out.

"Pinky promise and I think we should get to bed, I don't need you teammates cursing me out for making you miss practice." She placed her hands on his chest as he lifted her up.

Happy Friday!
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊