Chapter 40: Finding My Love

I searched. We searched. And nothing. There was no trace of Sasha's anywhere, no one had seen or heard anything. . . But that still didn't stop me from looking. It had been nearly a week and a half since Stink disappeared. I don't know how much longer I can go without losing the last bit of sanity I have. Kyrie exited his car and entered the front of the motel Narnia then rang the bell for help. I'm tried of posting flyers up Stink and people giving me the dumb ass sympathy look. Shit is frustrating!

"Oh Mr. Irving, how can I help you?" The motel manager asked with a tiresome look plastered on his face.

"I wanted to ask if I could post a few flyers around and I know it maybe over stepping but could I possibly ask some of the residents here, if that's okay with you?" Kyrie asked holding the stack of yellow flyers in his hands.

"Yes. Of course, you can start by putting a few on the bulletin boards in here and I'll get my nephew to help you out." Kyrie nodded quietly as motel manager went into the back room to retrieve his nephew.

"Gregory, I don't want to hear any problems, just do what he tells you to, understand?" The short pale kid nodded and pushed his thick black frame up the bridge of his nose.

"Thanks man. I appreciate this." Kyrie said. "Gregory...is it okay if I call you Greg or G?" He said dividing the flyers between the two of them.

"G is cool. I've never had a nickname before." Gregory smiled widely making his glasses slide down a little.

From the looks of the kid, he'd looked to be no older than Sasha. He held onto the flyers and had a tiny spiderman toy stuffed into his pants pocket. Gregory wore a plain white t-shirt with black Nike short. Kyrie eyed his untied laces and squatted down to his level.

"Well now you do." Kyrie smiled lightly and tied his shoe string. "Thank you for helping me out, I know it's Saturday morning and all the good cartoons are on right now."

"It's no problem.Uncle Pete, said he'll record them for me." They'd walked out and slid a few flyers under the doors of the motel.

🔹🔹🔹

Aja took the keys out of the ignition and sat for a moment. She couldn't sleep or eat. All of her being was put into finding her boo bear. In her mind, no one was looking hard enough. They'd claimed to have looked all over Ohio and there was no trace of Sasha.

Both Kyrie and Aja hadn't been in each others presence since Sasha went missing. There was light communication on the phone but that was only for their nightly prayers and updates on finding their baby girl. Neither one of them wanted to talk about anything else that might remind them of her, they'd even stayed on separate parts of the house to keep focus on the search.

Aja closed her eyes briefly and let out a breath.

I don't know what I'm doing here...but I need answers. Something other than no and I can't help you. Aja focused on the building ahead.

"Ma'am, is there something I can help you with?" Aja jumped from the sudden outburst.

"Um I wanted to know if I could post a few flyers around the neighborhood, I know that it's a gated community and all but I'm trying to fingers my daughter, she's been missing for two weeks." The police officer frowned. "I'm open the gate for you and I'll be praying for you." She handed him a flyer before he walked into the small booth. The gate buzzed upon opening.

"Thank you." He nodded quietly as her car rode by slowly.

She drove through the gated community asking about Sasha and handing them flyers until she grew tried. She parked on the curb. Though it was late in the afternoon, the sunlight beamed down hard as Aja threw her on her shades and decided to take a walk.

The bit of her stomach cramped once she'd walked up to the neighborhood park. Her eyes captured children running in the large sand boxes as others were being pushed by parents but one stood out of them all. A little girl with a huge high puff and mint green sweater, she sat on the bench crying her eyes out.

"I WANT MY MOMMY!" That voice...

To be continued....
Happy Wednesday!
Don't forget to comment and vote.😊