Chapter 10: I Miss You

♡ A few weeks later ♡

Things were changing quickly for Aja Darryl but graduation was coming close and she had a few weeks left of her internship at GQ. Her relationship with Kyrie was still going strong. He and Sasha returned to Cleveland for training purposes. Aja was forced into staying at the hotel on Kyrie's dime. She offered to pay him back but of course, he declined. The only thing he wanted to was her safe, secure and off the street.

"Aja, can you help me with something?" Richard asked.

She'd just finished editing her sixth fashion post and Mina's list of things to do for Richard. She had been ripping and running all morning.

"Sure. What is it?" Aja asked entering his office.

"Mina is a little under the weather and I'm going to get the twins from ballet. Do you mind watching them for about an hour or two while I go check on her?" Richard asked.

"Not at all. I can pick them up if you'd like, since I'm headed home anyway." Aja said.

Though she was longing for a nice hot bath and glass of wine she knew that Richard needed her help.

"Yes.Thank you Aja, you're a life saver." She watched as he rushed out on his cellphone.

"You're welcome!" She shouted hoping he'd hear her before he made it to the elevators.

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

Aja picked up the girls and made it to the hotel then was greeted by a large bouquet of flowers from Kyrie on her table. She let the girls watch television while she read his note.

 She let the girls watch television while she read his note

Aja,

Each flower symbolizes how much we've been missing you.

Kyrie & Sasha

Aja placed the card down and smelled the flowers. She took a mental note to thank him but first she wanted to shower. After a quick shower she ordered some pizza with sliced apples for the girls as they splashed in the bathtub.