Chapter 6:- Friends?

Dark black curly hair and brown eyes. A yellow and green bandanna on the neck with a faded white tee and track pants. He approached us as he smiled "Hey Aashu di!" He probably didn't see me or maybe he felt it was too awkward.

"Faisal, I want to introduce you to someone. Meet her, Roshni Walia, your would-be wife"

My eyes grew wide in surprise as I saw the same reaction on his face as well. What was Aashu di saying! I could sense the awkwardness around us as I looked away.

"Don't be so surprised Faisal! Aashu di was just joking. She meant that Roshni is portraying the role of Ajabde, Maharana Pratap's 1st wife.." Rajshree di explained. I heaved a sigh and noticed Faisal relax as well. Before I could say anything or rather start a conversation with him, Aashka di jumped in by saying "why don't you take her and introduce her to all your friends Faisal?" No offence, but sometimes I feel that the elders get too excited over something. I mean, why would he want to introduce me to HIS friends, afterall I don't even know HIM!

"Sure di!" Faisal agreed. I was actually shocked to see his reaction. Maybe he might be saying this in front of everyone just for the sake of Aashu di.

He gestured me to come as I stood up. My heart was racing so fast, I was afraid someone would hear it. Faisal's friends were at the other side of the gathering hall, which was at a distance.

" So... Roshni Walia" Faisal started. "My name is-"

"Faisal Khan" I interrupted. The next second, I squeezed my eyes shut as I regretted my decision. Why did I have to interrupt him?

Faisal's frown turned into a small smile as he commented "So, you know me already?"

"Umm... yeah, sort of. I have heard loads of appraisals from not only the directors and the set crew, but also from all the actors that I have met till now" I smiled.

"Oh..." he said sheepishly.

"You dance brilliantly!" I complimented. " No wonder you won the DID trophy, you deserved it!" I beamed.

"All thanks to God! So you have watched my dance videos as well?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Mum showed it to me, before I came here." I defended myself.

He laughed a little as I gave a small frown. "What?"

"Nothing nothing..." he said between his laughs. Now I was getting conscious as well as suspicious. I blocked his path and spread my arms "What are you laughing at?"

"You are such a 'bacchi' at times" he smirked. "You know, you could have admitted that YOU wanted to watch my dance videos!" he said, lowering his voice.

I was astonished... no... more than that, shocked! This was the person I was admiring and respecting all this while. Well, I also know how to give back answers.

"You know what, you are very ANNOYING! And, "I" was never interested in YOUR dancing! I am sure, there are dancers who are way better than you." I snapped. I know I was lying, but I couldn't show it, not to HIM! I stomped past him as I made up my mind. No way, will I talk to him, not politely at all.

"Hey listen, Roshni" he ran up to me. "Okay sorry!" I did not stop. Suddenly he blocked my way as I had done a few moments ago.

"What?" I said, annoyed.

"Look, I am sorry! I did not mean to... I did not even expect that our conversation would go this way. Truthfully, I am not like this, not at all."