Chapter 27:- Invitation

"Roshni!" My front door opened to a boisterous Vishal Jethwa; my best buddy!

"Vishal!" I mimicked his reaction as he cocooned me in a long, peaceful hug....but a friendly one. For some peculiar reason, I had to justify that my best buddy was my closest friend, that's it.

"Where have you been?" I complained with a frown. I missed him the most; ever since all my other 'best friends' decided to betray and leave me.

"C'mon Roshni, it has been so long since we met... won't you welcome me inside, first?" He laughed at witnessing my annoyance at ignoring my questions.

"Padhariye Maharaj..." I spoke, bowing down to him.

"Maharaj nahi...Shehenshah-e-Hind hai hum!" He corrected with his head held high in pride.

"Hume akshama kar dijiye...kripya karke humare ghar pe tashreef rakhein..." I requested sarcastically, emphasizing on the Urdu speech.

"So, the answer to your question...." Vishal paused as he settled on the comfiest couch in my house. "Is that I have been shooting for a new show.....which is why--"

"What?!" I interrupted in shock and excitement. "Wow Vishal! That's great.....and when were you planning on informing me about this?" I queried in mock anger.

"Tonight..." my best buddy said with a sheepish look. Before I could intervene, he continued, "Roshni...what's the date today?"

How was this related to our conversation? Vishal waited impatiently for my answer.

"7th of October, 2016." I responded casually.

"And..." He hinted towards something I could not decipher. After a few more impatient seconds, Vishal finally revealed, "It's the 7th of October, Roshni....two years since Maharana Pratap ended....for us...." Sadness blanketed his cheerful voice as he spoke. I sat there in amazement......not able to believe the reality. Two years....two years since practically everything ended for me. I had experienced things I had never imagined....who knew I would be 'rewarded' double identities? I never got the time to reflect on these years; they went by in a blink of an eye. I never had the time to ponder upon my broken friendship and the reasons behind it...never got the time to realize what I had become!

"Earth to Roshni?" Vishal spoke, bringing me out of my daze.

"Can you please stop saying this?!" I hollered petulantly, recalling the instances when Vishal used to use 'Earth to RoSal' to break our constant gazes. It's frustrating when everything reminds me of him, despite the fact that I want to forget him. I sounded as helpless as Bella Swan in the book New Moon right now. The only difference was that Edward Cullen's memories were her strength, and he was my weakness.

My aura started to sparkle a little, which brought me out of my thoughts. This 'problem' was worsening day by day. My aura had become so burdensome, that I sometimes questioned myself on travelling to London for this 'foolish phenomenon'.

I quickly calmed myself down by taking deep breaths and remembering the curse of my life. My aura started to fade in seconds, and I was back to 'normal' again.

"I am sorry...I did not mean to jump on you like that..." I apologized, not able to meet his eyes.

He crouched near me and held my hands in consolation and assurance.

"Roshni....I can understand what maddened you...I know how hard it is to get over him.."

"Wait, 'get over him?' Vishal, this might be the umpteenth time I am clarifying this, but he and I were never a 'thing'." I objected.

"Don't get me started on this Roshni...because I have a lot of evidence to rebut your statement here..." he countered confidently. And I said nothing to that.

"Look, listen to me very very carefully...I am organizing a reunion party tonight. The whole MRP team has been invited; with of course Faisal Khan too." He began, and that was the first time he said my ex co-star's name in the past 30 minutes. I heaved a sigh as he resumed, "We are hosting the Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat Team too, so it's basically a Contiloe Productions' reunion party. And.....you have to come..."

"I can't." I tried to speak in a voice filled with determination and self-confidence. However, I couldn't.

"I knew this would come...and so I was prepared." He announced in victory.

"You know, you and Faisal are the same...in many odd ways." I shot an angry glance at him to which is ignored casually.

"You both can't lie, but you still attempt to make excuses...hat's off to your courage!" He praised sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his opinions of him and I having similarities.

"Why are your afraid of facing him, Roshni?" Vishal grew serious again. I felt queer as I answered, "That's not true....I am not scared at all...it's just that..."

"Don't try to fool me, because I have witnessed all the phases of your friendship, and I know what is going on." He started rubbing my fingers with his thumb in a circular motion.

"Roshni, although I admit that Faisal and Jannat have affected your life and your emotions quite a lot, however your life does not revolve around these two people. You can't stop living your life just because you have the fear of being betrayed. Moreover, there'll be so many others than these two to chat with...so please?"

"Since when did you become so philosophical?" I asked after a minute of silence, finally giving in to his request. He gleamed in joy as he answered, "One of my hidden talents, you see." I laughed at seeing the old Vishal back!

"Roshni...I'll whatsapp you the venue details.." He informed as he checked his iPhone 6S. I observed that his phone case was a collage of the MRP cast. It was then that I realized how significant this show was to all of us and how it changed us...how it matured us.

Vishal got up and turned towards the door as he said, "Although the party starts at 7:30, I want you to be there at 6:00 sharp...and your questions will be answered once you reach the designated location....see ya!"

And with that, he left....leaving me suspicious and curious once again.

................................................................................................................................................................

Happy New Year to all the PrAja readers out there! Hope our love and fandom for PrAja and RoSal never end! 

#SpreadThePrAjaMagic