Chapter 35:- An Unusual Visit

Good Morning PrAjajans!

My IGCSE Exams have begun and I'm through five exams (mostly the hardest ones). Which explains why I couldn't update in nearly a month. I'm extremely sorry, but I feel I won't be able to give regular updates until the 6th of June (when my exams end. Till then, I'll try my best. But I need y'all to support me through your comments and feedback! Don't forget to vote!

My front door slowly opened to a tired yet pleased Noor di. She knew how exhausting and frustrating tonight would've been for me; after all she knew him....and his tactics.

"Di....you should've gone to bed...it's nearly one at night!" I grew alarmed as I stepped inside.

"You know I couldn't...or I should reword it by saying 'I can't'. Someone has to be cautious when no one else is at home." She slowly inhaled.

My brows furrowed in confusion, "Where are they?" I asked, concerned about our parents.

"Had an important business meeting which could not be postponed for later...so they left me in charge in their absence." My sister explained as she reached out to get me a glass of water.

The cool water seemed to relax all my organs, guaranteeing my survival for whenever I would face him.

"Better for me....I just got rescued from a series of unending questions!" I relaxed, amidst laughs. Noor di gave a playful stare before getting into fits of laughter herself. The walls of our living room once again witnessed one of our several 1 AM instances of craziness!

...

My phone buzzed, startling me, as I changed into my comfy pajamas.

"Hello?" I spoke, waiting for the unknown voice to introduce itself. It was peculiar having a phone call from an unknown number at nearly two at night.

"Hello?" I repeated myself, tension increasing with each passing second. There was silence on the other end......I quickly cut the call and ran to get a glass of water.

"Calm down, Roshni....it was just a mistake, probably a prank call." I told myself by inhaling deeply.

But before I could ponder any further, my hands vibrated again, the device lighting up in terror.

"He-hello?" I stammered, trying to hide my fear.

"The number you're trying to call, is currently unavailable, please try again later." The lady spoke in a monotonous voice. My face changed into a frown.

"I never called you, in fact, you were the one who dialled my number." I muttered to no one in particular. My mind resolved to the conclusion that this incident was nothing more than a prank; I was giving too much importance to something which was merely a way to bother me. I shrugged, turned my ringer off and stood in front of my long mirror to tie my hair into a messy bun.

"Guess, someone should've been in bed by now..." Someone startled me from behind as he stepped through my bedroom window. Although facing the mirror, yet I was able to see a tall sturdy man masked in black. His voice, however, did not seem much older than me.

"Who are you?" I interrogated confidently, constantly repeating a silent prayer.

"Young girls like you shouldn't be up so late at night....and definitely should not pick up phone calls....from unknown numbers!" The masked man whispered, ignoring my questions. He eyed at me suspiciously, making me feel uneasy.

"How DARE you!" I threatened, flabbergasted at his courage. I knew I had the power; the power to fight anyone. An ordinary human being stood nothing in front of my capabilities. In that moment, I felt so grateful for being gifted with these supernatural powers.