Chapter 38:- 'Cause I Know I Can Treat You Better

Khamma Ghani PrAjajans! 

I've finally completed my exams (for which I hope I get good grades), so thought of rewarding all my readers as well as myself with a lengthy update with PrAja/RoSal moments....

Without further ado, update is served!

................................................................................................................................................................

I looked at him, with a lingering smile on my face; no one could believe a guy who looked so innocent in his sleep would turn out to be the rudest person on Earth! He was so complicated; I wanted to get rid of him, but I couldn't! My face frowned dejectedly, I sacrificed my sleep, and took all the efforts to come here, to find him snoring peacefully, after staying up all night like an owl!

"Faisal!" I shoved his arm.

"Let me sleep Rosh...wait, Roshni?" He widened his eyes and came out of bed as soon as he identified my voice.

"Happy Realization!" I smirked in sarcastic excitement.

"What are YOU doing here...HOW did you get here..?" He ranted with questions.

"Will you let me speak?!" I had to raise my voice to stop him from questioning.

"Ouch..." I whispered silently in pain. The strain was too much for my injured hip to handle.

And he noticed that. Out of all the things, he had to notice my writhe in pain...seriously?!

"What happened...why did you...?" He asked suspiciously as his brows furrowed.

"No-nothing at all...I guess you-you've developed a habit of imagining th-things..." I stammered nervously, trying to hide the truth. But destiny was always against me...always!

"Tell me....wait, you got STABBED!" He shrieked in horror. I closed my eyes in disappointment; he had read my mind....only when I didn't want him too!

"Sit!" He ordered, yet there was this softness in his voice. But I being my stubborn self, refused to budge.

"I'm fine...I got injured early this morning, still I could get through our secret passage to your room without any troubles--"

"Some troubles." He intervened and corrected after reading my mind again.

"It was only a little difficult, but I did it. Plus I finished all my chores at home and temporarily treated myself too!" I boasted with pride.

His expression changed from an annoyed one to a shocked face filled with worry.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He raised his voice, baffled at my actions.

"Faisal, you're no doctor either?" I justified, reading his thoughts.

"Can we just leave our 'reading-each-other's-minds' power aside and speak verbally for some time?" He requested with urge in his eyes.

"Fine." I gave in with a shrug.

"Roshni...I may not be a doctor, but I do know that you shouldn't've strained yourself...that too after treating yourself without any medical assistance!" He reasoned.

"Faisal, I said I'm fine...you're just overreacting!" I said nonchalantly. I did not want to get too excited with these new emotions, because I knew this would just result to disappointment and heartbreak; nothing more.

"Really...I'm just overreacting?" He challenged rhetorically. Almost suddenly, he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, closing the one meter distance between us.