Chapter 8:- Uncertain?

The set has become a second home to me. I feel so complete, portraying Ajabde's character. Though I have acted in a variety of roles, the feeling of being Rajkumari Ajabde is simply indescribable. Whenever I look at the mirror, or the scenes we shoot, it looks so realistic, as if this is me. Many times, I wonder if this is only me or if everyone on set feels the same way.

Life had become so simple for the past few weeks. I suddenly realized that my routine had become so organized. Coming to set on time, acting sincerely along with a few pranks (mostly done by Faisal and me), finishing the day by gathering together, clicking selfies and checking our social media updates. I was overwhelmed seeing the love and fandom for us. TRP rates were shooting up in the sky and people loved watching Pratap and Ajabde together. The minute an episode finished, fresh comments started to fill the Facebook page. Sharon di never missed to ask our viewers on their opinions for each episode and our fans were more than pleased to express their thoughts.

Faisal and I started shooting many scenes together, most of which had eye-locks. It was easy for both of us now, we were prepared and knew that there would be one in every episode. After all, Ajabde was Pratap's wife.

We are currently shooting the sequence where Gauhar Jaan attacks Pratap and he gets bitten by a vicious snake. Although Jannat and I had a short break while Faisal was busy shooting his scenes, I stayed back on set and offered my help wherever required. Our cameraman was the most pleased as he had to shoot from a range of different angles. The thing I like about acting is that it sets you free. You blend into a character and act as if everything was real.

"Cut!" the cameraman snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Great Job Faisal!" he complimented. "Take some rest. We will resume in an hour."

"Thank you sir!" Faisal replied. He looked exhausted.

"Hey!" I greeted him as he neared towards me.

"Hi! How come you are here?" he questioned. "Didn't they give you a leave?"

"Yeah, but I stayed back!" I replied sheepishly.

"What about Jannat? Wasn't she with you too?"

"She was, but she had to leave due to some emergency" I explained.

"Emergency it seems.." he gestured sarcastically.

"When will you stop taunting her?" I asked slightly exasperated.

"When will you stop defending her?" he probed in the same tone.

I opened my mouth to revolt but immediately shut it back. I had no words to answer his questions. Silence filled around us as he continued.

"Let's go and sit somewhere... I'm really drained out right now." Faisal suggested.

...

We found two chairs and some snacks. Faisal took a sandwich and I went for some mango juice.

"She is my friend..." I reverted back to our conversation we had a few minutes ago.

"More than that, she is the closest friend I have... if someone says something about her, then I will..."

"What will you do?" Faisal interrupted.

"Look, I know she is your best friend here, but... you have to understand." He reasoned.

"What do you want me to understand?" I asked anger rising through me.

"Roshni, I can't keep up a conversation with you if you refuse to listen." He looked up at me.