Chapter 43:- Battling Between Fantasies...

Good Evening PrAjajans! 

Thank you for 8.5K reads! Your support motivates me to write better! 

My FF just crossed 1K votes! Thank you so much...I feel honored! 

So, I have kept this chapter a bit different...and you'll soon know how.. ;) 

................................................................................................................................................................

"Aakraman! Let the battle begin!" My confident voice alerted our soldiers as arrows started to soar across the clear blue sky filled with hues of orange. I was protected in armor made out of gold, my aura radiating more strongly than ever. I instinctively looked over to my right, and returned an assuring nod to the one who resembled me, only cladded in Silver armor. She was my support, my strength. Now that she was with me, I knew nothing would go wrong. Or did I convince myself by hiding the unsurety?

Unexpectedly, no cannonballs were fired, only different colored Auralls were being thrown brutally at each other. We had all assembled in a massive room which looked exactly like a battle ground. Out of all the wars I had fought and won, I had never experienced such a silent one. The silence was so grave and suffocating, it was as if a severe plague was making its way to consume all of us.

There were some weapons that looked familiar; I could hear a subtle sound of swords clashing each other at a distance and constant arrows being fired at our opponents.

Opponents. Who were they? I seemed like a pre-programed robot, who was aimlessly killing people who didn't belong to us. Who weren't one of us. None of us could clearly decipher the faces of our enemies; no matter how hard we tried. Yet there was this unknown hatred that filled our hearts and minds, as we heartlessly took lives.

In a spectrum of colors, I noticed the dark, dull colors to be our foes. The ones who were wicked, cruel and dangerous. We had to be very careful and aim at their weak points. I directed an Aurall at one of the opponents fiercely, a slow smile making its way on my face as he lay there lifeless. Part of me wanted to know his identity, but there was this boundary forming that prohibited me from doing so. I retreated and suddenly and experienced piercing pain. When I looked back, I observed a sly grin as she managed to fire at my weakest point, my heart. I had been injured earlier too, but it didn't take my powerful aura to heal and maintain its shine. But when she injured the weakest part of me, I started to lose my balance. My vision blurred and head started spinning like never before. Her smirk never left her face, as she mocked in victory.

"You can never be so powerful to not be destroyed....your end is nearing, and you can do nothing about it! You were destined to die....by my hands!"

I had fallen to the ground and agonized in pain. I couldn't let her win. I couldn't let evil win over good. Pressing as hard as I could on my tattoo that embedded one of the purest relationships, I relived all those memories. All the pain I caused, everything I went through. Breaking her heart, getting to know her, unknowingly falling in love with her, realizing it, cherishing all those moments, overcoming all those obstacles, our journey through thick and thin, the biggest happiness of my life, a little part of me I could see in front of my eyes, my guilt of not being able to protect her, her screams in pain, her final promise!

I pressed it harder, trying to retain energy as I went over some more memories. Meeting her again, feeling a deep connection, breaking her trust, confessing my love for her.....

And before I could think any further, she stood with her back facing me.

"He was never destined to die.....but you definitely were....that too by me!" She roared as a SilAngEd Aura shot her in her most vulnerable part, her knees.