Chapter 39:- New Beginnings

Good Morning PrAjajans! 

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the delay in updating. It wasn't work pressure or exams that I had to get through, but summer holidays that I've been enjoying a lot for the past few days...

I haven't been able to read, forget write :P 

(I might be saying this for the umpteenth time now but...) I'll try my very best to give y'all regular updates... :D

................................................................................................................................................................

"Rosh..." Faisal patted on my face as I squirmed in my sleep.

"Let me sleep, Faisal....I haven't slept at all today." I mumbled under my breath.

"The other passengers have arrived, we need to move." Faisal whispered with urgency in his voice..

"It's okay.....please be comfortable." I could hear a female speak. I clutched Faisal's arm tightly and rested my head once more. Never had I realized how comfy his shoulder was. But again, this was the first time I had done something like this.

"Be careful, you might face some obstacles in your journey." A man called out to this lady from the station platform outside. The voice alerted me, as I widened my eyes gulping down several lumps that had formed in my throat.

"Thank God, at least you woke up!" Faisal started with his usual banter. But I was too afraid to even retort him for cracking lame jokes. Finding nothing else, I hid behind Faisal's arm, slowly peeking to confirm the voice's identity. Bright emerald eyes. Black clothing. Masked man. It was the intruder....it was him! I shifted my gaze to the lady standing in front of us as she responded with a patronizing stare. Who was she? Did she know everything? I grew alarmed and nervous, not knowing what to do next.

"Roshni? What happened?" Faisal asked, worried.

"No-nothing." I tried to speak.

Rosh...tell me, for God's sake! I know you've been hiding something....and you're not letting me know either." He persuaded.

"It's him, Faisal! It's the intruder who st-stabbed me." I stuttered.

"Where?"

"Outside....I don't know if he has recognized me...but I'm pretty sure he has, he's too witty to ignore me...in fact, I feel that precaution was indirectly meant for me."

"Okay...Rosh...I want you to calm down. Pretend like nothing's unusual. Please." He suggested.

I took deep breaths to calm my racing heart as Faisal explained to the curious stranger standing in front of us.

"She's not used to trains, so she's experiencing a bit of nauseousness. Just excuse us please." Saying this Faisal helped me by the shoulders and guided me towards the nearest bathrooms. From the corner of my eye, I could see the lady glancing at me, unconvinced at Faisal's excuse.

"Roshni, breathe." Faisal ordered as we got distant from our berths.

"I can't! Faisal, you don't know him....he's intimidating!" I reasoned, coming up with a suitable adjective for the black masked intruder.

"Rosh...I know, but you have to calm down. We have to think of something." He began.

"Let's leave!" I resolved without thinking.

"What? Roshni...are you out of your mind? We can't do that." He disagreed.

"Why can't we?" I questioned in surprise.