Chapter 12:- Heartbroken

I sat there, motionless, going over whatever happened today. Right after Faisal fumed out of my room, I was told to shoot my last scene. I knew that the last scene would be the most difficult one emotionally. But from what happened today, Faisal made it a whole lot more complicated.

Flashback. Last Scene: Mandir.

"Roll, Camera, Action!"

Faisal glared at me with accusation in his eyes. Apparently, according to him, I was the reason for the separation between Maharani Jaiwanta bai and Pratap. All thanks to Rani Dheer bai. After all this is what she wanted. The irony in this was that, the same was happening with me in real life. I was blamed for insulting Faisal's mom, and in return, he was leaving me. Alone.

"Hum ghrina kartein hain aapse!" he stormed, revealing his anger as well as hurt. To everyone else, it looked like pure acting. To me, I knew he was really directing this to me through his dialogues. I didn't need glycerin, I was hurt enough for my tears to fall any moment.

Something clicked in my mind, forcing me to wipe my tears. Rani Dheer bai was the cause for PrAja's separation. So there must be someone, who was the reason behind the argument between RoSal.

"Jannat told me everything." Faisal's voice echoed in my mind. She was the one behind this. But why did she do this. I considered her my best friend, I fought with Faisal for her. I needed answers, and she had to explain, no matter what.

...

"Jannat!" I barged in her vanity room without knocking.

"Hey Roshni!" she greeted while removing her accessories. She seemed visibly a lot happier than normal days, and that bothered me.

"I want to talk to you. About Faisal." I stated. She shifted her chair and stood up to face me. Still not my height, yet she was reaching there. And somehow it felt as if she surpassed me.

"Oh, so you and Faisal broke up?" she smirked in mock concern.

"We were never a thing."

"Yeah, right Roshni! Everyone could see it. At least, I could." She reasoned.

"Why did you say all those things to Faisal. You know that I never talked to Aunty liked that."

"Oh so my plan succeeded?" She said, victory plastered onto her face.

"Why did you do that?" I demanded for answers.

"Because, you gained all the popularity with him, Roshni!"

"What! Jannat, I don't understand what you are trying to say."

"Since childhood, I have had more importance than you, whether it be because of my age or due to the shows I have done. I have always been better than you." She began. I stood there, horrified at what she was saying.

"When I got to know about your role in Maharana Pratap, I wanted to be in it too. After all, this was a big show, with famous actors such as Aashka Goradia and Faisal Khan. I knew you got the role for the lead actress, but I wanted to be better than you. So, I persuaded the director for Phool Kanwar's role and asked the script writers for more dialogues." She simply shrugged.

"But I saw my plan failing! You were earning more fame than me, and this was intolerable." She revealed.

"And so you played this trick Jannat! You told Faisal that I behaved rudely with his mother!"

"I had no other option, Roshni!" she pleaded in fake helplessness.

"Jannat! I can't believe I counted you as my best friend! I can't believe I didn't see your true face all this while! We shared so many beautiful moments together; from having play dates and sleepovers, to shopping together. From celebrating our birthdays to giving each other unimaginable surprises! And look at what you did to me!" Tears streamed down my face as I revisited all those memories.

"You can never earn fame if you have jealousy deep inside you!" I pointed at her heart.

"You can never win anyone's heart without hard work Jannat! You have ruined everything, from our friendship to my trust over you!" I screamed, sobbing in between.

"And thank you for ruining my friendship with Faisal! At least, now I know whom to trust and whom to not!" I added. She rolled her eyes, which angered me even more.

"You wanted to be friends with him, right? Fine then, do whatever you want! But from now on, I don't know you and you don't know me! I HATE YOU JANNAT! I HATE YOU!" I hollered, bringing out whatever was in me. I stomped out of her vanity room, slamming the door on her face.

I felt heartbroken, torn from the inside as tears dried up and my vision blurred.