Chapter 25:- When I See You Again

I felt nauseous as the flight descended to our 'matrabhoomi'. After an eventful day, we were back in Mumbai.

"I'm so glad that we are back to normal!" Noor di cried in joy. 'Normal' seemed so distant now. I guess, I would never be normal again. After a short conversation with Maria Gold on what I was supposed to do, we bade goodbye in hope to return to London once again. She requested me to not reveal anything about my 'identity', not even to Noor di.

"Mom is coming to pick us up...remember the excuse we made...about attending a press interview?" Di asked to which I nodded.

"You may unfasten your seat belts." The flight attended ordered as I eased.

...

"Mom!" I screamed as I saw her waiting for us outside the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

"Roshni! Noor!" My mum embraced us in a warm hug. How much I missed those hugs!

"Get in the car, girls! I have made your favorite dishes at home. And then we all could go out for shopping...how does that sound?" My mum suggested in anticipation.

"Sounds great, Mom!" Noor di responded in equal enthusiasm.

"Roshni, are you okay?" Mum sounded concerned. I wanted to share everything, but I couldn't. I was bound by a promise made to Maria Gold. My main priority was to talk to him. And I had to lie to her again; something which I despised.

"Yeah mom, I guess I am just tired." I tried to make an excuse. However, she did not look convinced.

...

"So girls, ready to go?" My dad asked as we finished our lunch! My favorite chole bature failed to soothe me today.

"Dad, I have a headache today...can I stay back?" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"Are you okay, Roshni?"

"Yea, just a bit exhausted. Some rest, and I'll be perfectly fine." I explained, hating myself for lying to my parents.

"Roshni, do you want me to stay back?" My mom offered.

"No mom, I am a big girl now and I can take care of myself. You guys haven't gone out together in a while, and I do not want to disrupt it." I sounded guilty.

My mom stroked my face as she said, "You have never disrupted anything, my dear."

"We'll be back in a few hours, Roshni...and we are leaving one car behind, if you wish to visit your friends." My dad said as they left.

I was finally alone and was ready to complete my first task.

As I got ready, I observed myself in the dressing table mirror. I was going to meet him, the person whom I detested. I took a deep breath and tried to get my aura back. 'Think of him, think of him' I forced myself. And indeed, my aura glimmered again as my armor returned. This was me...the me I loved!

"Roshni, whenever you want your aura to disappear and turn back to Roshni Walia, instruct yourself to calm down and try to remember anything which gives you pain. I know this might be very difficult for you, but you have to do it.....for the sake of your family." Ms. Gold's voice echoed in my head as I tried to compose myself. After 5 long minutes of trying, I finally was able to hide my aura. However abnormal this seemed, it was truly amazing!

I wore my favorite pair of blue sneakers and stepped out, ready to face the challenge that lay in front of me.

"Driverji...um Faisal's residence please." I told my driver as soon as I sat inside our black BMW. His name still gave me jitters. My Driver obeyed and revved the engine.