Chapter 3:- The New Me!

(This is still in flashback mode)

My attire for the show was neatly kept on the bed. There was a dark pink short-sleeved top with golden embroidery at the neckline and on the sleeves. Beside it, was a multicolored lehenga with borders at the end. A navy blue dupatta was kept on top, with broad borders at every end. I was excited to wear all this. Compared to Jannat's clothes, these weren't very lavish or heavy, but then Ajabde's personality was as such. I barely wore traditional heavy clothes; they weren't my type...

"You should get ready soon, we have to set your hair and makeup as well" An assistant broke me from my thoughts. I gave a slight nod before hurrying into the bathroom.

After one long, unending hour, Ajabde Punwar was finally ready! My long and flowy hair was kept on one side, with a simple maangtika on my foreline and two dangling earings in my ears. A thick and two thin bangles were on both my wrists, with a long three laced necklace. A royal ring was placed into my ring finger. Payals were worn to give a finishing touch to my Mewari jewelry. With no lipstick or bright blushes, the makeup assistant just applied kajal and some eyeliner. With a red bindi, I was ready!

I thanked my assistants and stepped out of my vanity room. It feels so special, thinking about having your OWN room. It gives you that importance. If I was given such treatment when this is just my first day, what significance would Faisal be getting as the lead actor?!

I was happy that I had minimal makeup. While Jannat loves to dress up and apply makeup, I don't really prefer it. It feels like five layers of skin added on to me when I apply makeup. But... everyone has their own opinions!

My mum gasped, seeing the new me!

"You look so pretty my child!" She whispered kissing my forehead. "Kisi ki nazar na lage!"

I smiled seeing the look on her face. This WAS different from what I normally wear.

"Ajab- I mean Roshni!" I heard someone call my name. It was one of the set crew. "Let's go, it is time for your first scene" he huffed as he spoke. It was time.... I took a deep breath as I proceeded towards the sets.   

Hope you liked it! Please hit the like button and comment for feedback! :)