Chapter 9:- PrAja a.k.a RoSal

"Roshni! Time for your shoot!" Our cameraman called out to me.

"I'll go and shoot my scenes." I told Faisal.

"I'll come as well." he offered.

"Okay, as you wish."

After a short drive, the car halted to a more deserted area. Faisal did not accompany me as we did not have much space in the car. There was a small ashram built in the middle and the scorching sun touched my face the minute I stepped out of the car.

"Okay, Roshni, you are supposed to run down from a rocky slope with a bowl in your hand. We will do the hard parts first, then we can cover up the easy ones." Our sir directed.

I nodded in approval and we began to climb the slope approaching towards the small hut. Once we reached, the set crew handed me a bowl of what looked like sand yellow liquid paste. This was the 'aushadi' or the remedy to cure Pratap's injury. I was told to remove all my accessories apart from my bindi. My attire consisted of an orange top, a light yellow net lehenga with orange embroidered borders and a dupatta of the same color.

"Roll, Camera, Action!" The cameraman cued at me. I started running down the complicated slope. With the bowl in one hand, it was very difficult to not step over my lehenga. Although some of the aushadi fell on the ground, I managed to satisfy the crew in one take.

...

"Ouch!" I whispered when the medicine touched my foot. During the process of today's shoot, I got a few minor injuries that had to be attended to. Ultimately, I had a few Band-Aids plastered on my feet as well as on my fingers.

I entered the gathering hall as the commotion grew around me. Yash and Vishal waved and me and caught my attention. Jannat was there too, laughing at Vishal's jokes.

"Hey!" I smiled at everyone.

"Hey Roshni!" Vishal replied. "How was your shoot today? I heard you had to run down from some mountain or something?"

"Seriously?! Who told you that?" I questioned.

"Well that's what I heard from Jannat and Yash." Vishal defended.

"Yash! Seriously, shaadi kya hogai, kuch bhi banane lag gaye!" I laughed as he joined me. "I did not climb a mountain, I just climbed a small slope." I admitted.

"Yeah right, shaadi ho gayi! Just a little prank!" Yash chuckled.

"Roshni! What happened to your hand?" Jannat exclaimed making everyone stare at my hand.

"Oh nothing! Just a few minor injuries.

"Are you okay?" Faisal sounded concerned. This was the first time he spoke since I came here.

"Yeah, I am perfectly fine!" I assured him.

"Roshni!" I turned around to see Aashka di.

"Hi Ashu di! How are you?"

"I am good, the Ranis of Chittor are enjoying a long relaxing vacation from shoot." Aashka di smiled.

"No words for your acting skills Roshni! You were amazing today!" she praised.

"Thank you di! All due to the hard work done by the team each day." I commented. It was actually true. Their work was my inspiration indeed.

"Still Roshni, what you did today was not possible for us too, at least not in one take." Rajshree di joined.

"The last time someone shot a difficult scene as such in one take was Faisal!" We all turned to him as he tried to hide a smile.

"Thank you Rajshree di! As for Faisal, I had no doubts in him doing scenes and sequences in one take." I smiled at him.