Chapter 40:- Mission Rajputana!

Good Evening PrAjajans! 

I know I'm really late, and I sincerely apologize for the delay in updating as well as thank you for your patience and understanding....

I've been working on my blog (Yay!) and have been constantly giving updates and notifying on Wattpad...hope y'all like my blog as well as the chapters...do comment if you please.

Without further ado, I serve to you, the next chapter of 'Where Have We Come Up To?'

................................................................................................................................................................

I hesitantly tiptoed into the empty space filled with darkness. Not being able to make out the identity of the silhouette, I gulped several times while taking slow steps towards the figure. I couldn't tell where I was or what was around me; the space was pitch black with an unusual glow drawing the unknown person. Exasperatedly rubbing my hands together, I felt sweat beads forming on my forehead. I wanted to ask about his identity, but nothing came out except for a few incomprehensible croaks. Despite the scary precautions my mind gave, my heart managed to convince it to proceed forward. No longer did I hear the tapping of my shoes, for my heart thumped so hard each time I tried to breathe. This place had started to suffocate me, yet I was adamant to know who that unknown person was. With a peculiar shuffle, the person moved, finally revealing himself. I couldn't look past his glowing emerald eyes, which seemed to grow with every passing second. He grew bigger, as if ready to engulf me in his terrible wrath. I could see my end, yet found myself to be utterly helpless. I wanted to move, but my legs wouldn't cooperate. His glow got stronger, more devilish, as he soon let out fits of laughter in rage.

"Wh-who are you?" I managed to speak, referring to the Avenger like creature.

He let out another couple of laughs before revealing his obnoxious voice, "You will never know who I am...NEVER!"

"Roshni? Are you okay?" Faisal asked after continuously shaking me. I had dazed off while waiting for him. I had been clutching the sides of our hotel bed, my lips red from being bitten excessively.

"It was just a nightmare, Roshni....just an imagination....nothing else. Stay calm, stay put." I ordered myself while taking long breaths.

"May I know about this nightmare?" He asked as he sat beside me.

"I don't want to think of it again." I shuddered.

He seemed to have understood my situation, but he was one person who loved to get his way.

"May I just know what this was about?" He tried once more, gazing into my dark orbs. Eyes met, as I sensed the encouragement and assurance.

"The masked man...the intruder." I stammered, realizing his partial identity.

"I guess we'll be encountering him soon." Faisal remarked after a minute of silence.

"A-and why do you think so?" This was the last person I would want to....

"Because you've been unknowingly thinking about him a lot. I mean through thoughts and nightmares." He suggested.

"Anyways, I brought you a cup of 'Rajasthani Chai', have some and you'll feel better." He extended an earthen cup with wisps of steam that escaped.

I took a sip and immediately felt relaxed. That one sip of 'chai' surged through my body, spreading warmth and providing solace.

"You always know what I want." I praised with a satisfied grin.

"Well, that's an advantage of knowing a person a lot more than anyone else."

I smiled while looking downwards towards the cup of chai. Making patterns on anything through my fingers was a pass time activity whenever I had nothing else to do; this was one such occasion.