Chapter 32:- Something New

"I have an announcement to make." My startling statement silenced the audience as I paved my way across the stage. Our fans; hoping for a RoSal dance, were in for a surprise to find me--just me--standing with a microphone in hand, under the glistening white spotlight. I gave a small smile before continuing,

"I am well aware of the fact that I might've shocked our fans with my unexpected actions. But a very interesting idea just flashed across my mind a few seconds ago. And so I thought, why not make this evening a memorable one for all our loyal PrAja fans!" I encouraged, receiving loud cheers in agreement.

I cleared my throat to silence the crowd once more and explained my idea, "You all have seen RoSal together at many occasions; whether it be celebrating our milestones, or our innumerable selfies that have unknowingly made your day." I hesitated, trying to maintain my voice as indifferent as possible.

"So, how about an exuberant performance with a twist?" I proposed with a smirk. From the corner of my eyes, I could sense Faisal and Vishal gazing at me, with a predicted frown on their faces. I avoided Faisal and gave an assuring nod to Vishal, signaling him that everything was in control. Much as I hated, I still saw his reaction; hands balled into fists, expressing his anger and frustration.

"I have attended many such events, where Faisal and I are the only ones that are given significance and attention too. However, today we are celebrating a year dedicated to our show, to all its members and actors who put in so much effort to present something you would demand and like to see....we aren't celebrating us....neither RoSal nor PrAja. So when we all have gathered to celebrate a show, why signify us?" I reasoned, getting surprised yet proud expressions from Vishal and.....him? He seemed unconvinced, yet there was this slight smirk on his face...as if he could foreshadow the chain of events. It didn't take me the slightest second to realize the reason behind his annoying smirk.....he knew my secret, which was how he knew it wasn't me talking to the audience, it was Maharani Ajabde.....addressing her praja! Why did I get him as my soulmate? Foolish, annoying stalker! I cursed him under my breath.

'Thank you for the compliment...' His sarcastic smirk echoed in my head, making my head shoot at his direction in astonishment. To my disappointment, Faisal just greeted me with a sly smile. How could I hear his reaction.....or was this just a hallucination?' I wondered.

After pondering for a while, our beloved fans once again proved their loyalty by cheering and applauding at my suggestion.

"Aap sab ka bohot bohot dhanyawaad!" I gratefully thanked the audience. Continuing, I further added, "I would like to invite not only the cast of Bharat ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap, but also our chief cast members from the prospering show, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat. A round of applause, please!" I cheered, welcoming everyone on stage.

We arranged ourselves in a way so that a girl was partnered up with a boy. I tried to stay as far away from Faisal as possible, despite the fact that I knew we would eventually have to dance together; face to face.

I signaled the DJ to tune, anticipating a groovy song. To my despondency, the bass drum beats my ears had been waiting for were replaced by soft, melodious piano keys. One look, and I knew it was him.....the curse of my life who asked for this least favorable song. I rolled my eyes in annoyance but immediately smiled at Vishal, my first partner in our circular formation.

Aahatein kaisi yeh aahatein

Sunta hoon aaj kal, aye dil bataa

Vishal placed one hand on my waist and the other ready to join with my hand. I comfortably settled my other hand on his shoulder as we started waltzing to the beats. We both smiled at each other seeing our perfect synchronization with the slow beats of the music.