Chapter 30 B:- Distant Memories

Khamma Ghani to all the PrAjajans! 

I had mock exams this past week...which is why I was unable to update....so I made it a point to update this weekend! 

................................................................................................................................................................ 

"Roshni! Roshni! Wake up....open your eyes!" I shouted frantically, shaking her vigorously. Her unconscious state sent shivers down my spine.....for I have never seen her so vulnerable before. Her body lay lifeless; head on my lap, which was starting to irk me.

"Roshni! Get up...for God's sake! How could you.....how could I let you do such an insensible thing!" I reprimanded at myself for being so irresponsible.

The silver wisps from her powerful aura had magically healed my injured hand within seconds. But the sudden jolt in her body awoke each nerve in me! She put her life in danger....for me? How could she take such a careless action without even discovering her aura's characteristics and effects?

Not knowing what else to do, I decided to use my ancient methods and started rubbing her hands for her to gain consciousness.

"Nothing can happen to you, Roshni....nothing can! You are an 'Exceptional', you have one of the rarest auras.....nothing can happen to you!" I constantly repeated, assuring myself more than her. She had to be alright....I would never forgive myself if her health worsened.

The last time I saw her in this condition was when she was portraying her reel character; Ajabde. I grimaced as I realized the irony; her reel self had suffered because of me, and her real self was suffering....because of me!

"Roshni! Please wake up! I know you are mad at me....in fact, you have the right to. I owe you an apology....I know! I've been wanting to apologize for my intolerable mistakes.....for misunderstanding my best friend....my soulmate!" I tormented myself.

I had exactly two minutes for her to regain consciousness; I just remembered we had a dance to perform in seven minutes.

My strenuous rubbing did not show any effect, so I tried the water trick. My eyes searched till they found a half full plastic water bottle.

"Roshni?" I hesitantly asked as I sprayed some drops of water on her. Instantly, she began to come back to life. Her eyes squeezed open as she adjusted herself to the nearby surroundings.

"Roshni...are you okay?" I asked while assisting her to the sofa. She held her head in agony for a second, and then turned to check my once injured hand.

"Is your hand okay?" She spoke meekly, clearly indicating the level of weakness in her.

"You are actually concerned about my hand, Roshni?! Look at what you've done to yourself!"

"Me...what have I done?"

"Why did you have to transfer your aura energy to my hand?"

"Why not?"

"Seriously, Roshni?! You actually want to argue over a matter you already know you have lost?" I gave a bizarre look.

"Faisal, I hurt you....so it was my responsibility to heal you. Since it wasn't a normal injury, I had no other way but to use my aura." She reasoned.

"You shouldn't have risked your life for a minor accident." I rebutted.

It was my turn to receive a frown from her.

"What?!" I asked ridiculously.

"Faisal...you and I both know the real reason." She spoke softly. I looked away and waited for her to continue.