Chapter 41:- Never Meant To Be?

Good Evening PrAjajans! 

Without further ado, I serve to you the next chapter...

................................................................................................................................................................

Her enthusiastic voice rang in our ears as a clear picture of Maria Gold dominated Faisal's laptop screen. After a formal notice, we had contacted her on Skype -- despite knowing the unexpected WiFi disruptions-- and were lucky enough to get a comprehensive and clear connection with a person residing in London.

"How are you both?" She began in her neat office wear with minimal makeup; a simple stroke of black eyeliner accompanied by subtle lip gloss, blond hair tied in a high ponytail, flaunting her perfect white teeth in a smile.

"We're fine...managing with our new abilities..." Faisal responded sheepishly as I tugged him on the arm, signaling him to have some patience.

"Uhm...how about you, Ms. Gold?" I asked as per the formal courtesy, trying to put up a smile amidst my worried expression.

"Let's leave the formalities for later...I can sense you both have something very serious and urgent to share." She understood our uneasiness.

"Thank you...actually we have a lot to share..." I relaxed and deliberated our thoughts on the events that took place in the past few days.

"I feel it's time we enhance our abilities, Ms. Gold. There's not enough time to discover them on our own. I'm not sure of what the future holds, but my instincts say we'll be needing this very soon." I finished off.

"You may be correct, Roshni, but I don't know how to train you via an electronic."

"Do you reckon we should plan a trip to London?" I directed my question to both, Faisal and Ms. Gold. Before she could suggest Faisal objected,

"That'll take a lot of time, Roshni. If time is our major factor, that I think we should try to adapt to our abilities on our own....with the guidance of Ms. Gold, of course."

"I agree with Faisal. It's time I prepare you for the world ahead!" She said, determined.

"So, what abilities have you discovered so far?" She questioned after taking out a bunch of black binders, her feett tapping echoing through the laptop screen.

"During the intruder incident, I realized I could produce an unreal sphere made out of my aura colors that had the power to injure people. I was amazed, but relieved to have created something vulnerable."

"That's great, Roshni. Now I understand why your auras are so special. Generally people require proper guidance to attain the quality of creating Auralls; fatal spheres created out of your auras." She complimented, introducing me to another new term related to the Aura Theory.

"I noticed some changes too. On the night of the interview, I realized I could read Roshni's thoughts' sort of like mind reading. Only on our train journey to Chittorgarh did I realize we could only read each other's thoughts if we made eye contact and if we allowed the other person. For example, if Roshni decided to cloud her thoughts with something random, I had no access." Faisal elaborated on his discoveries.

"Pretty impressive Faisal!" Maria Gold's words brought a proud smile on my face. She ransacked her documents in the multiple binders as she continued,

"And you both know what your tattoo will activate, right?"

"Yes, our supernatural selves." I replied and waited for her to find new information.

"Okay, so there are other abilities that you both have as members of the 'Exceptionals' category. One is telekinesis." She informed.