Chapter 10:- Wedding Bells

Chaos filled the set location as the crew scattered everywhere. Yellow flowers draped the Bijolia Palace with bright diyas placed everywhere. Cameras were fixed in each corner of the massive palace to ensure shots from each angle. After all, the big day had finally arrived. It was the wedding day of Kunwar Pratap Singh and Rajkumari Ajabde Punwar!

I was excited as well as nervous. My look had changed completely to what it looked like on ordinary days. Instead of having my hair on one side, it was tied up in braids and hair pins. A single maangtika was replaced with a heavy royal one and a simple three laced necklace with three massive neck pieces. This time, I wore a gold nose ring with three rings on each hand. The only thing that annoyed me was the excessive makeup. Although my assistants convinced me that I looked absolutely stunning in the maroon red lipstick with pink eye shadows, yet this wasn't the look I preferred. I stared at myself, observing the change in me in the past few months. I could see the growth, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. Maharani Ajabde Punwar taught me many things whether it be maturity or controlling my temper.

"Kahan kho gayi?" Faisal snapped his fingers in front of my face and brought me out of my thoughts. My eyes scanned through his new attire. He was covered in gold, and I think it suited him. With a bright red pagri and a decorative peacock attached to it, he looked absolutely different to normal days on set. He too had jewelry on, just like Rana Udai Singh. A golden robe with matching golden mojris, he looked like a perfect groom.

"Nothing... just admiring my new attire." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Seriously Rosh..." Faisal questioned to which I glared at him.

"What?" he asked defensively.

"You know I hate that name! It annoys me a lot! It makes me someone who is disrespectful and mean." I complained.

"It's true though, right?" he smirked.

"Yeah right!" I hit him on the arm to which he continued to laugh.

"Anyways, I am gonna still call you Rosh!" Faisal concluded.

"Whatever! So... you ready for the big day?" I changed the topic.

"Yeah, I guess. Finally, we are getting married! I mean, Pratap and Ajabde are getting married." Faisal elaborated.

"It sounds so weird though."

"I know! I mean, who would get married at the age of 14 or 17" Faisal laughed.

My face grew grim again.

"Hey! Roshni! Everything okay?" Faisal seemed worried.

"Yeah, perfectly fine!" I tried to put on a smile.

"Roshni! I know you for seven long months. There is something troubling you." He reasoned.

I gave a small smile and decided to give in.

"Remember, we had shot a sequence a few days back, where I had sneaked into your room during the haldi ceremony to check if you were okay and you had shouted on me because I accused Rani Dheer bai." I asked.

"Yeah, well I did not shout at you, the inner Kunwar Pratap in me did!" Faisal laughed to which I gave him an 'I-give-up' look.

"I was just wondering if that actually happens to me sometime." I continued. "What if, no one believes at what I am saying or trying to prove at some circumstance?" I looked up at him.

His eyes softened and his arms came up to my shoulders.

"Whatever situation you are in, I will always stay by your side Roshni!" Faisal assured.

"Thank you!" I whispered to which he give a slight yet assuring smile.

"RoSal!" Vishnu Bhaiya, one of our set crew called out to us. By now, everyone was used to calling us by our 'ship' names.

"Hello Bhaiya!" I opened the vanity room door for him.

"Today is not only a big day for you both, but for us and the media as well. I just came to inform that there will be many media stations taking your interviews. So just be prepared." He requested, worried.

"We have never prepared for interviews till now, and I don't think we will need to today." Faisal said coming up to the door.

"Yes Bhaiya." I agreed. " It's better to sound natural than to sound robotic." I gave a small laugh.

"And people enjoy our humor on sets too! So not a problem at all!"

"As long as you both are okay. Anyways, come on quick, we need to start shooting." Vishnu Bhaiya warned before leaving.

"Such a long day ahead!" I sighed.