News

Growing up with a brother was easy. He stayed out of my life I stayed out of his. Mom found it odd that we never fought, but there was no need to.

    Growing up my brother, Brandon, and I have always been more quiet. Conversations between us are rare unless necessary. It's just how we grew up.

   Different interests, different classes, growing up we always had rooms far away from each other. We try to stay out of each others business however my brother thinks I need friends. I assure him I do have friends but he says the 40 year old librarian doesn't count. Mom says I'm too pretty to not have friends but society sucks.

I do have one friend though her name is Ashton and she lives in Florida but used to reside in France. We were pen pals since first grade and we've FaceTimed and called each other in the progressing years.

   I talk to Ashton more than Brandon. I believe the last time I talked to my brother was probably a week ago. I know what you're thinking. If you live in the same house don't you have to talk? Well here's the answer, my parents are rich well my step dad is rich and my mom is engaged to my step dad so that makes her rich, anyways my brothers room is on the completely opposite side of the house.

    On top of that I stay in my room when I'm home. We have two butlers Willard and Frank they're funny. We also have two maids Greta and Daelyn they're sweet as could be. We have a cook named Hilly and she's sweet as the treats she makes me.

My step dads name is Philip Boyd he's a business owner. He and my mom met a few months ago they fell madly in love and we moved into his house a week or so ago. He proposed to my mom two days ago and now I am going to have to transfer schools. Which totally sucks. I hate change.

    My brother and I also went to separate schools. I went to Wades Ville high school home of the Wades Ville Wildcats and now I'm transferring to my brothers school West coast High School home of the West Coast worriers.

    Mom wants me to transfer since Philips house is closer to West Coast High. Where we used to live, we were in between both schools so we got to pick which one we wanted to go to. So enough with all that now to start this story off let's just say...I'm not proud of this.

---
    "Emma, Brandon come down here family meeting!"mom yelled. Family meeting? We haven't had one of those in forever. I got off my lap top and went downstairs to my mother.

"What's going on?"I asked wrapping my jacket around me.

"We have to wait for Brand"Mom smiled as I sighed.

"Hey ma"Brandon said.

"Okay you two Philip and I know that it's going to be hard for you to adjust to this new life style-"mom said looking at me.

Oh she did not just direct that right towards me. I mean it's just odd...in all of my seventeen years we've never been wealthy. The transition from having nothing to being able to have whatever I want was amazing yet it's something that takes getting used to. I don't want Philip to feel like I'm using him or that I'm a greedy person.

I looked over at Brand and he was running a hand through his hair. And then there's Brand who doesn't even care.

  "Anyways Philip would like to say something to the two of you"mom said. Great. Pretend you're deeply moved and pray that this ends quickly.

    "Okay kids I know I can never replace your real dad but I want you to know that if either of you need anything I'm here. I know I should've told you this when you first moved here but it was hectic we were getting everything situated and I didn't want to smother either of you"Philip said.

"Okay with that said...Brand I know you and your sister don't communicate as well as I'd like you to, but you're family and that's why before you two graduate I want you both to get to know each other better. I want you to help her adjust to her new school and help her make friends"mom said.

"Okay"Brand said.

"If you two can really pull together and become closer."

   "Sounds weird"I said as Brand nodded. Mom rolled her eyes and Philip finished what she was saying.

   "You both will get new cars by the end of senior year"Philip said. That's were Brand and I's attention were caught. We have to share a car and it sucks.

"Oh and I have some big news!" Mom clasped her hands together.

"What?"I asked as brand raised an eyebrow.

"I'm pregnant"She said excitedly as Brand and I exchanged looks. Mine said oh my god. And Brands said something along the lines of ew mom and Philip are getting some.

     I giggled at Brands expression and mom waited for us to stop using our "twin powers" and say something. Yes by the way Brand and I are twins obviously not identical but he was born six minutes before me.

"Wow mom"Brand stated giving her a hug.

"Yeah congrats."

"Okay well you two can go back to what you're doing we just wanted to get that all off of our chest"mom said as Philip smiled.

  "Okay then"I turned on my heels and began walking off.

"Ew moms like almost 40"Brand said as we made our way to his room.

"I know right. I mean I love her but I didn't want the image of her bedroom time in my head"I stated. "Don't you think this is all soon and a little too fast?"

"Yeah but mom seems happy. So the school situation...you good?"Brand asked.

    "Well we've never fought I mean unless we were little but I think we got this"I said.

"Okay well get some rest sis because tomorrow is where it all changes"He said mockingly closing his door in my face.

"I don't like the sound of that"I mumbled to myself walking to my room.