Airport

I got home and called a family meeting. Brandon came home for it. We all sat down at the table. The maids and butlers included. Hilly sat down next to me and squeezed my hand as I gave her a sad smile.

"Em...."

"I can't keep this hurt and hatred. It's not good. I'll forgive you but I won't forget."

Mom bit her lip and held back tears as Philip held her hand. She rubbed her baby bump and I looked around at everyone.

"Emma what's wrong?"Philip asked.

"I have decided that I want to go to Latvia to live with uncle Ray and uncle David"I said.

"Honey-"

"Don't....call me that. I don't mean disrespect but with the situation I think we need to take baby steps mother"I said cutting her off.

"Okay"mom started again. "Em...I know that things have been a little hectic and crazy but we can work something out-"

"Listen...please Uncle David and Uncle Ray have already agreed they said if it's alright with you"I said.

"I don't...I mean can't you just stay?"Mom pleaded.

"No. I want to go. Think of this as a good opportunity to better my grades"I said.

"You're a straight A and B student"Willard said.

"Yeah I think you'll be fine"Daelyn tried to reason.

"Mother consider this. It's my choice"I said.

"What about Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter?"Mom asked.

"One day at a time"I said.

"Emma. Are you sure this is what you really want? You're not doing it just to run from something?"Philip asked.

"Let her go"Brand, who had stayed silent, said.

"Call every week?"mom asked.

"We'll see"I said. Mom nodded and stood up. "I plan to leave as soon as tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Well if we're done here I'm just gonna go lay down." Phil helped her up and she went to her room.

"Hilly could you make her some sweets?"

"Right away Mr. Boyd." She went to the kitchen as the others left. Philip, Brand, and I were left.

"Well I've got work to do. Goodnight you two." Peanut walked alongside Philip following him to his study.

"I'm headed back to Caleb's."

"Okay." With that Brand left and I went to my room to pack.
---
Uncle Ray and uncle David said all I needed to bring was some clothes and whatever else I wanted.

I grabbed my luggage and went downstairs where only Philip, Hilly, Daelyn, Willard, and Frank stood.

I hugged each one of them and a car honk came from outside.

"You've taken your medicine?"

"Yes Hilly."

"And you've eaten?"

"Yes."

"Okay don't forget to do that everyday. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

"I can help with your bags"Frank offered.

"No need. I've got them"I said grabbing them and walking out of the front door.