Chapter 31

This chapter is dedicated to Niall_Lawrence BC she be dope LYKE dat.... SORRY IM NOT COOL |:-( <----weird face...-Sarina

----------

It's Sunday. I woke up in the morning to a cold, empty bed.

He left, he went to Boston.

I didn't know what to do at this point. I could either lose my mind and go all anti-social like I did after Josh, or I can suck it up and deal with it because I'm used to it. I like the way option two sounds right now.

I was eating cereal when I got a few texts from Niall. I couldn't help but feel warm and cozy inside even though I'm supposed to hate him right now.

Today was my day, I wasn't going to let anyone get in my way.

I dressed in my yoga pants and sports bra, putting my iPod on shuffle but ended up putting the song "Monster" on replay. I wanted to go running, then maybe go to the movie theater.

I started running from my house, I was planning on running all the way to Time Square and back.

I quickened my pace as I continued to run, my legs starting to hurt. The entire time I thought about Niall, and everything else going on around my life; which seems to be revolving around Niall lately. I didn't stop running though, I continued to run past Time Square, until I got to a familiar neighborhood; near Harry's house. I was getting kind of thirsty and tired so I decided to stop by his house for a while. He wouldn't mind right?

I knocked on the door a few times before he actually answered. "Hi Harry!" I said, breathless from all the running. "Hi Maria! What brings you here?" He asked. "Well I was running and I decided to stop by your house, I'm a little tired." I say, making him laugh a little. "Well the girl I was talking to at your party is here, it's perfect timing I guess." He smiles, as I do the same. When I walked into the living room the girl from the party was sitting there flipping through her phone until she realized I walked in.

"Hi! I'm Natalie!" She says, giving me a bright smile. She seemed really kind. "Hi! I'm Maria, a close friend of Harry's." I said with a smile, taking a seat next to her. "Sorry if I smell, I just went running." I said, scrunching up my nose, making her laugh. "No don't worry!" She said between laughs.

Harry sat in between us as we talked for a while, so far I learned a good amount about Natalie.

She said she worked at a daycare which I guess is convenient for her because she loves kids, and hopes to have some of her own some day. She's twenty and is attending NYU. She also mentioned going back to campus in a week; poor Harry.

"So how is it like working for the biggest designer in New York?"she asked, playfully poking my arm while Harry left for the kitchen to get us some refreshments. "I'm intern so I don't technically work there but it's great, I've had a blast with my co workers and my boss is a really sweet woman." I explained. "So are you and Harry like a couple now?" I asked, trying not to sound nosey as she giggled at my question. "I don't know, but he asked me out on a date and I said yes so I don't really know?" She said. "What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked me. "I- yes, but we aren't exactly so great right now." I said, letting out a sigh as Harry walked in with three glasses of soda. "Thank you." Natalie said with a smile as Harry smiled back.

After drinking and talking for a little more I decided to leave and run back home to shower.

Once I ran all the way back home I started the shower, stripping off all of my clothing and untying my long hair, letting it flow down. I stepped into the hot water and started scrubbing my body, the water relaxing my muscles. I continued thinking about my situation with Niall, I could either break up with him; which I know i can't do, or handle the situation like a respectable adult, using communication. Since choice number one is not an option and I doubt it will ever be, I'm going with choice number two.

Once I was perfectly clean is stepped out of the shower, wrapping my medium towel around my wet body.

I walked into my bedroom to change when I noticed a couple more texts from Niall, being the forgiving person that I am, I answered.

Niall- Just arrived at Boston.

Niall- Baby's fine.

Niall- I'm sorry babe :(

Niall- Maria???

I replied with a simple answer.

Maria- glad the baby's well.

Then I closed my phone and changed into my pajama shorts and a black tank top, tying my hair in a regular bun. My phone started ringing and I answered, unsure who it could be calling me in the middle of the night. "Hello?" I said. "It's me Niall, using a blocked number was the only way I could get you to answer me." He admitted, I was so happy to hear his voice, making me feel warm and cozy on the inside. I don't want to give in so easily, but I can't help it when I'm with Niall. "What do you want?" I tried to say, trying very hard not to sound the least bit nice or forgiving. "I wanted to see how you were doing, I'm just staying at a hotel tonight to rest until I drive back home tomorrow morning." He explains. "I miss you." I say before my brain catches up with what I just said. What the hell do I not get about not giving in? "I miss you too babe, I love you. Stay safe tonight." He says, I love the way he calls me babe or says he loves me. I bit my lip, trying to hide my smile even though he can't see my face. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say and hang up.

I took a seat on the couch, trying to concentrate on what was on TV but my mind kept wondering off. What if Niall decided to stay with Veronica? How are we going to deal with a baby in our lives? It scares me to think that Niall will abandon me like Veronica if I got pregnant.

I eventually turned the TV off and decided to go to bed early, I had a headache anyways.