Chapter 14

Madison's POV

David had the random dark haired guy up against the wall barely giving him enough air to speak.

I had no idea who the guy was or what he was doing but I didn't want him to end up like Jack.

"Please don't hurt him" I tug at his side, he momentarily glances at me and finally lets him go.

"It's so ironic, the man I've been calling for months, years to forge a business link is in my home and I'm unbelievably close to throwing him out" what was David on about?

"I can assure you, I haven't gotten your calls I would've answered them" the guy with a slight accent was still massaging his neck, despite his tanned olive skin you could tell David had left a slight mark.

"I no longer wish to do business with you but I can guarantee if you've done anything to hurt Mum I'll-"

"Darling enough! Darius is an old friend of mine!" Paula cries out, tired of David's rough treatment.

"So why is he throwing around glass Mum? You looked frightened"

"I apologise, this was the first I heard about Paula being sick it made me angry, I'll replace everything I broke" Darius apologises yet David and Daniel are still scrutinising him.

"How comes I've never seen you here before or knew you were friends?"

"We've had a...complicated past but I'm here now Paula, and I'm going to be here for you" he cruises over towards her bending down on one knee in front of her like he was going to propose or something.

"He better not be doing what I think he's doing" David mutters in annoyance.

"That ship sailed a long time ago darling don't worry" Paula assures him.

"It doesn't feel like we've been away from each other for so long does it?" Does Darius like Paula? By the way he was looking at her maybe he did, I wouldn't be surprised if Paula chose to be with him Darius was quite good looking-

"I'm still confused what's going on, are we going to beat him up or not?" Daniel interrupts my thoughts.

"Daniel Kincaid you will do no such thing and don't even think about it David! Why don't we have some brunch or something?" Paula nervously titters.

"Sounds like a good idea, Daniel and David can help me in the kitchen I don't think the chefs are in yet" I drag the boys away but not before giving Paula a look to confirm if Darius was who I thought he was.

"I don't want to leave Mum alone with him" David rolls his eyes.

"They clearly have a lot to catch up on so leave them alone David" I warn him.

"But I don't want to"

"Well too bad maybe not everything can go your way, what are you going to do lock yourself in your room and throw a tantrum?" I tease him.

"If I lock myself in my room you're coming with me"

"Oh am I?"

"Oh yes, I'll throw you over my shoulders and go all King Kong if you don't come with me"

"Does she come with you a lot?" Daniel chimes in.