Chapter 25

Madison's POV

I'm absolutely amazed at the transformation in front of me, the barn had looked so different since I last saw it. Well it was a week ago. But it looks beautiful with an autumnal theme, the meat and cheese platters were still being brought in and the tables for the wine are full to the brim, I'm not sure how much alcohol everyone wants to drink. We'd just finished the wine tasting tour and I knew that majority of our guests were smashed already.

"Photos first food later!" My maid of honour yelled only stumbling a little as she pushed Alex and Daniel out of the way.

"That's my fiancé" Daniel slurred proud of Summer for pushing him? It didn't make sense but it's still cute

"Come on you two have to take good photo!" Summer demands pulling the photographer towards us, somehow alcohol made my sister bossier. David has me in his arms already as he smiles and kisses me.

Could life honestly get any better?

"Can everyone please be seated we're about to serve dinner" Darius announces and my heart skips I'm so hungry.

"Sometimes I wished you looked at me the way you look at food" David murmurs into my ear, following me to the long rectangular table.

"You usually look like you're going to devour me" I shrug.

"And I'll devour you tonight" he warns pulling out my chair so I sit. Our seats are at the top of the table, it's a family style dinner so we help ourselves to food after Darius says grace. I'd resisted over drinking for the whole tour but watching our family and friends drinking to their heart's content swayed me. After an hour of eating, mingling, drinking and talking Dad hits his glass with a fork and despite the force he uses it surprisingly doesn't break. Maisie takes the glass out of his hand, he wraps his arm around her shoulder. It's just heartwarming to see him so happy after Mum caused him so much misery. As we're all growing older and leaving the house I'm happy he still has someone to keep him company.

"I just want to raise a toast to my eldest daughter Madison and new son in law David. To my daughter Madison I've watched you grow your whole life steadily at your own pace to be an amazing young woman but with David you've bloomed in a way that makes me even more proud! And to my new son, I wish I had some sort of way to repay you for making my daughter happy and for all you've done for my, our family, to Madison and David" raising his hand not realising Maisie had removed his glass, as everyone cheers I go over to hug Dad.

Wine makes me feel emotional.

"Sir, by allowing me to marry and have a life with Maddie, that's more than enough, she adores you and I know your blessing and support for our relationship is the best gift you could've given her" David smiles raising his glass to Dad. They hug and I want to burst into tears.

Dammit wine makes me very emotional.

"Hi everyone, I'm brother of the bride, I wasn't always supportive of the relationship-" I snort unable to control myself, Alex simply rolls his eyes at me and David smirks opening his arms for me, I nuzzle myself into his chest.
"As you can see my sister is very ballsy, she'll call you out on your crap quicker than feeding time at the farm, I used to think I knew what was best for her but now I know David is what's best for her so welcome to the family Suit and Tie" he and Ruby toast us.

"What's a toast without the MoH and BM Hey?" Daniel has somehow found a mic and David is already groaning.
"Alcohol makes me super sensitive so I heard that groan David! He thinks I'm going to say something stupid which is fair but as BM, that stands for Best Man in case I haven't told you at least once during the tour-" I'm pretty sure he'd told everyone at least five times during the tour including me.