Matt

Hello everyone! I went to my first funeral yesterday. I only knew the guy who had died a little bit, but my mom and dad knew him really really well, it was the first time I saw my dad cry, and my mom was a mess. They lived with him for a while, but that was way before I was born. But I felt really really terrible for his parents. No parent should ever have to bury their child. It makes me sick. And they had another kid that passed away too, my mom told me that the funeral I went to was not nearly as sad as her other sons. Apparently he was young, I'm not sure, but anyway, I'm gonna let you read the story now because I'm sure you'd rather read the story than hear about my problems... Bye.
-
After school I went up to the dorm and sat on my bunk. Gabe came in and quickly shut the door behind him.

"What the hell?!?" He said.

"What?" I said.

"Why didn't you answer my texts?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"I didn't want to hurt you."

"That's dumb. Why would you hurt me by texting me?"

"Reasons."

"Tell me those reasons. Actually, tell me what happened first. Why were you in the hospital in the first place?"

"My mom and I got in a car wreck."

He let out a breath and climbed on my bunk to hug me.

"You're fine though?" He asked.

"I guess." I replied.

"Now, why did you think you were going to hurt me?"

"I was in a coma. For a week. That was then when I woke up I texted you and I put my phone down and didn't respond to your messages."

"Oh my god..." He said quietly. A tear was forming in his eyes. "W-why didn't you respond the second week? I missed you. You weren't here..."

"T-they didn't think I was going to live." I trailed off.

He broke down into my chest.

I hugged him, holding him tightly.

He calmed down, but continued to lay on me.

"What's new with you?" I asked as I played with his hair. His eyes widened as soon as I said it.

"I-I have to get married to Haylee..." He said quietly and shakily.

"What?! Why?"

"Because my parents are making me. Because I got her pregnant."

"Don't worry. It's our last year and you'll almost be 18 by the time the baby is born, we can get a small apartment and we can raise the baby." I gave him a gentle smile. He smiled back.

I gave him a small peck on the lips.

I felt my phone buzz, it was a text message from my dad.

"Hey, I'm going to come to your dorm tonight, just to visit, I'll be there in an hour."

"Who was that?" Gabe asked.

"My dad." I answered.

"Wait, I thought he didn't accept you."

"He does now, I guess."

"Oh, that's great! What did he want?"

"He said he was coming over for a bit tonight, he's going to be here in about an hour."

"Okay." He said and started cleaning the room. I don't know what he was cleaning, the room was spotless.
-
I heard a knock at the door and I opened it. I saw my dad and hugged him. Gabe stood up and walked over to us.

"This must be your roommate!" Dad said.

"Yes sir." Gabe said.

"Please, call me Carter." Dad said.

"Okay, Carter." Gabe said and smiled.

"So, Matt, do you have a boyfriend yet?" He said and turned to me.

"Y-yes, actually." I stuttered.

"Well, who is he? I want to meet him." He said.

"You've actually met him. It's Gabe." I said.

His face brightened up, meanwhile Gabes eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open a little bit because he didn't know how my dad would handle it.

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing! But, you guys haven't... You know... Right?" He said.

"No." I partially lied.

"Okay, good!" He said. "Gabe, tell me more about yourself."

"I do good in school, I like to read, listen to music, relax, go do some things, me and Matt went to a carnival earlier in the year, he was really exited. Stuff like that, I'm pretty nice." He described himself more.

Dad looked happy with my choice after Gabe finished. "You seem like a really good kid." Dad said to Gabe.

I smiled. I smiled because that was the thing to do. I smiled because my dad accepted me. I smiled because Gabe looked absolutely perfect. I smiled because my dad liked Gabe. I smiled because everything was okay, it's not great, but it's okay.

"Dad, there's something I need to tell you." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Well... I'm not sure how well you'll take this, but me and Gabe are going to have a baby." He looked shocked, then upset, then about 5 minutes later he looked up at me and there was a smile on his face. A tear fell out of his eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, Matt." He said and hugged me.

I hugged him back. Gabe looked horrified at first when I brought up the subject unexpectedly, but soon loosened up.

"Well, I better go, its going to be late by the time I get home. Bye Matt." He said and hugged me. "Bye Gabe." Dad said and shook Gabes hand.

"Bye dad." I said as he closed the door.

We waited until we couldn't hear footsteps to talk.

I pulled him into a kiss. No tongue, just lips. I smiled against his lips and he pulled away.

"I have to tell you something." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"W-well. The wedding is in two weeks..." he said.

"What?! They planned it that soon?!?" I hissed.

"I know. We can still be together, we just can't let anyone in my family know about it."

I nodded my head and pressed my lips together. I am going to date a married man. Fuck.