Matt

Gabe pulled my head in his lap and ran his fingers through my hair. I was still a little bit sweaty from football practice.

I looked at him. He looked at me. "Gabe." I said. I sat back up. "Yeah?" He said back. It killed me and I couldn't  back out now. I had to tell him. Even though I didn't want to. "I'm straight."

"That's funny Matt." He said and grabbed my hand. I pulled it away. "I'm serious."

"What?" He said. "You can't just be gay one second then change your mind and be straight."

"Yes. You can. Being straight is easier than being gay."

"This is about the baby isn't it."

"No."

"Then what is it about?"

"It's about me being straight."

"YOU'RE NOT STRAIGHT AND YOU KNOW IT. YOU CANT TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT BECAUSE ITS EASIER. YOU KNOW YOU'rRE GAY JUST FUCKING ADMIT IT." He yelled harshly. I hated hurting him, but I had to tell him.

"IT IS EASIER. I NEVER WAS GAY. I WAS BEING A DECENT FUCKING PERSON JUST BY GIVING A SHIT. I DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. I NEVER HAVE."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE. YOU JUST LIED TO ME ABOUT WHY YOU'RE HERE?" I heard the pain in his voice. He heard the sharpness in mine.

"What the fuck is going on, I could hear you two all the way down the hall." Haylee walked in.

"YEAH. I DID LIE. I GOT IN TROUBLE. I GOT CAUGHT WITH MARIJUANA. THEY SENT ME HERE. AND I WAS UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GET STUCK WITH YOU." I heard the anger in my voice. I lied to him.

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" He screamed and came and punched me it the face.

"GABE!" I heard Haylee scream. She was holding him back and I was getting up.

"Come hit me again." I said. I scoffed and turned around to pack my stuff. I told my dad the school worked and I wasn't gay anymore.

I heard Gabe and Haylee whispering. I called Tyler. I forgot about him in all of the Gabe and Haylee drama. I forgot to tell him I was in the hospital or that Gabe was having a baby. It went to voicemail. I just continued packing my suitcase and once I finished I left. I didn't say goodbye. I just left.

I looked at me and Gabe's messages and just shut my phone off and waited for my dad.
---
I opened the back of the car and threw my suitcase in there and sat in the front.

"Hey Matt." Dad said. I nodded to him. "So... how'd it go with Gabe? How'd you tell him?" He asked.

"I lied. I told him that I got caught with marijuana and he hit me."

"Oh. That explains the blood on your lip and cheek."

"Can we get food? I didn't grab anything from the mini fridge when I left."

"Sure." He said "What do you want?"

"I don't care. Anything." He pulled over at the next fast food restaurant. I got a hamburger and fries and we went on our way. I felt my phone buzz. I looked at it and saw there was a text from Gabe. It read "I know you lied about being straight. I know you hate me. But tell me why."

I closed my phone and talked with dad about stuff that's happened over the year. Except the sex part. I didn't have the heart to tell him or Gabe that I was in fact, still gay. I just needed away. I needed Gabe to forget about me I was no good to him.

Hi I know I suck and I needed to update way sooner but I'm back now and I've been quite busy lately.