Chapter 3

It's the first day of classes today. It's also been a week since I last saw Harry.

I'm extremely glad that Hunter is keeping him away from me. I don't know what I'm going to do if I am forced to see him again. He's one of the rudest people I have ever met and he managed to show that within 5 minutes. That's all it took for me to know that I never want to see his flawless face ever again.

Did I just say flawless face? What the fuck? I mean. I'm not going to lie his face is flawless, and if he weren't so rude I would probably think he's cute and all, but that's obviously gone out the window and I have no idea why I would ever say that. I am obviously not thinking straight.

Sometimes, my mind has a mind of its own, but I really need to get this guy out of my head. I'm just happy cause chances are I won't have to see him at all today, I don't have to take any classes other than art for now. My first class is Art1: Drawing I, which is a required class. It's one of the core classes that every art major is required to take and an important prerequisite course. Really, I think it is annoying that the art department has this courses set as prerequisites, but I am going to be honest when I say that I'm excited to be taking the class. I love all things art and I could never find it in myself to complain about going to class. If it has to do with art you will find me there. 

The one thing that I'm not all too excited about is that this course is also a GS course, meaning anyone and everyone who attends USC can take it because it is one of the offered courses to fulfill the General Studies Requirement in order to graduate. I heard from some of the other art students that this class was a joke since so many of the other students put that requirement off till the end and didn't really take the class seriously. I just hope that the people in my class will take it seriously because I don't want to deal with any annoying people.

I decided it would be best to take this course at 8:00 am, that way I would surely limit the amount of students in the class that didn't want to be in there. I can't be the only art student to be doing this, can I? I doubt it but anyway, its 7:30 and I still need to change and get ready; my hair is a bit of a mess right about now, so I really need to hurry.

I quickly changed into some clothes. Last night when I showered, I seemingly forgot my razor so I don't really want to wear shorts but unfortunately that's all I have. It had gone unnoticed that my bag of jeans wasn't brought up with all of my stuff; and since it is not in my car, I could only assume they are in Dean's car or house, either or. I guess I should call him later today and have him bring them to me; or maybe I'll just go get them this weekend since I'm sure my parents are going to ask want to question me about my first week. 

I'll just wait until the weekend, so I guess for now I'll have to wear my black tights underneath my denim shorts paired with a white and black stripped shirt and burgundy cardigan. I ran into the restroom, which I am quite disappointed with seeing as though I wanted a dorm with a full bathroom but whatever, and I quickly did my best to style my hair and do my make up. Once I was ready, I grabbed my  sunglasses and bag and shoved my sketch book and pencils in. I was soon out the door and on my way to the USC Roski School of Fine Arts, which I learned at orientation to be the oldest art school in Southern California.

I arrived at my class 5 minutes before it began. It looked like just about everyone in the class was already there. I couldn't find any empty tables towards the front so I had to settle with the only empty table at the far end of the class room. I could tell by the looks of the students that everyone was quite comfortable with their seating choice, and I would be stuck at this table for the remainder of the semester. I don't really mind though; I do like to work on my own and even though this table is far, I would obviously be working alone. There was only two more empty spaces, but it is 8 already, so I am assuming there is nobody else in this course. This is a fairly small class room holding about 20 seats surely because nobody wanted to sign up for an 8 am art class. The professor stood up and began telling us about his life and art qualifications, etc, etc. He actually seems pretty cool if I do say so myself. He told us his name is Jason Tate and that we could call him whatever we'd like. He looks surprisingly young. He almost looks like he's in his 20s rather than his 30s and I'm quite sure that if someone were to walk in they could easily assume that he was a student rather than a professor. I was really quite interested in what he was saying that I almost hadn't noticed the door swung open. I guess, there are still some more students in the class. Professor Tate continued talking. It was surprisingly ironic that she walked in late as he was talking about his attendance policy. He is one of the few professors that actually takes roll. Well, he has a log in sheet at his desk that we are to sign into. Once as class starts, he removes that sheet and puts out a new one to let him know who was on time and who wasn't. Apparently attendance is important so it is 10% of our class grade. I don't really mind it though. I don't like to be late for anything. Today was just a bad start. I'll be back on track tomorrow morning.