Chapter 14

Melanie Reed:

Harry insisted on carrying everything back to the camp site. And when I say everything, I mean everything, including me.

I ran away trying to get there before he could catch me but it was like I was walking away slowly because he caught me very quickly.

I don’t like being carried for multiple reasons. One of them being that he could drop me and it’ll hurt. He insisted that I let him carry me and that he wouldn’t drop me. I don’t really know. But instead I just got onto his back so that he can carry me back that way. I thought this would be easier for Harry.

We had arrived at the campsite, and I was glad because it was getting a bit late. Soon it would be dark, and being out while it’s dark, isn’t very pleasant.

** ** **

Harry thought it would be a very great idea to go for a swim. He stripped down to his very boxers and jumped right on in the lake. I, on the other hand, wasn’t too fond of the idea. For a great amount of time, he tried convincing me into getting in with him. And at one point, I swear he was going to get out of the lake and throw me in. I mean, I’m not so sure, but he was getting closer and closer to where I was sitting each and every time I would say no.

Something told me that if he would have really gotten out that he really would throw me in; and I didn’t want him to do that, so naturally, I threatened him. It’s so funny because all I really had to do was tell him that I would take his car keys, leave him behind, and never talk to him again. And at the end, I made sure to include that I would never kiss him again. Which believe it or not, was actually very needed, there have been many occasions where he has only just walked up to me, kissed me, and walked away without saying a single word. He’s actually done it so many times in these past weeks that I’m used to it. If he doesn’t do it, my day just seems incomplete, but I, of course, wasn’t going to let him know that. I mean, honestly, why would I?

After I told him all of that, he quickly agreed and stayed in the water without trying to lour me in. It was that easy. Besides, it’s not like I would have gone in even if I wanted to. I didn’t have any other clothes and unlike him I wasn’t about to strip down to my undergarments in a public place. That’s just not my scene.

One reason I don’t want to is because we are in public. This is in fact a state park, so just about anyone could come through here, and I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it. Two, I don’t have dry clothes to wear if I were to jump in as is. Three, the idea of taking my clothes of in front of Harry isn’t something I’m very comfortable with. I mean, I know I’m not fat or anything, but I also know that’s he’s probably seen a lot better. I don’t have the best body. I don’t think I would want to take my clothes off in front of him anytime soon, because I really don’t know how he’d react to it. Anyway, its getting cold and I would just get sick if I got in right now.

I picked up my camera and began taking more pictures. This place was amazing, and I honestly love the environment. If I could, I would live here forever.

I noticed my memory card was almost full. I’m pretty sure Harry didn’t bring the extra ones because I put them away somewhere else.

I began to look through the pictures and came across many pictures of me. Harry must have taken them when I wasn’t paying attention, because I didn’t see him take most of them. There were a couple I knew he was taking so some didn’t come as much of a surprise. I hadn’t realized how happy I look when I’m out with him. And that’s something new. Usually,bin pictures, I’m smiling but you can’t tell if it’s genuine or not. I can, and in most pictures, I just smile so others will think everything is okay and that I’m happy. But here in these pictures, I really do look happy. I’m genuinely smiling, and I didn’t even know that the pictures were being taken. I’m just happy. That hasn’t happened much since aunt Lucy died. And I’m glad to know that there is someone else in the world that can do what only she seemed to do.