Chapter 21

Harry Styles:

I’ve been driving around for an hour now. I’ve gone through the entire campus and all the surrounding areas that I could think of her being at. I haven’t been able to find her. I saw her car was still at her dorm so I knew she shouldn’t be far.

I know that in a situation like this, she would most likely go home to her own art studio, but seeing as her car is still here, I went to her dorm and it was empty. Apparently, no one there had seen her come by. So I went to the art department and she wasn’t there. She wasn't at the music department either. She wasn’t in the music library which I know she’s grown fond of. She wasn’t anywhere I could think of. I decided to go back to my dorm to see if she was there. Maybe, she had gone back.

I arrived to see the door slightly opened and sighed in relief. “Melanie, I’m sorry. Just please talk to me. I-”

“Harry? What are you talking about?” Lily and Hunter began to question me at the same time.

“What did you do this time mate?”

“Nothing, is she here?” I responded not wanting to talk to them at the moment.

“No, she isn’t. You left the door open, by the way.” Lily responded.

“Shit, where the fuck is she?” I said aloud mostly to myself.

“You should check her house. If she’s not anywhere near here, then she'll most likely be there. That’s where she always seems to go when she doesn’t want to be bothered or when she wants to be away from you.”

“Yeah I know, but her car is still here, so she couldn’t have gone over there. She doesn’t go anywhere without her car, you know that.”

“Yeah, but if you think about it, she would leave her car here and get a ride with someone else so that you would think she wasn’t there, when in reality she most likely is. She did it once before. I took her home and picked her up the next day. So she could have done it again. You should go check.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I should go check.”

“Oh and Harry whatever you did, you better not do it again. I’m not really sure how much more she’s going to be able to take. She had mentioned before that it was almost too much for her to deal with, so try not to mess this up, she’s the happiest I’ve ever seen her when she’s with you.”

“Yeah, and same goes for you. You’re the happiest I’ve ever seen you since you’ve been with her. You actually joke around and smile now; so don’t do something stupid,” Hunter added.

I think it’s already too late for that. “Yeah, everything will be fine,” I responded, but I guess we’ll just have to find out.

Melanie Reed:

I awoke on the cold hard ground of what seemed to be a basement. I felt a strange restraint around my hands and legs, and a sudden headache met me.

I honestly hoped that this was all just a dream or some sick joke. I didn’t want it to be real. It couldn’t be real. I did not just get kidnapped. This was all just a nightmare, a never ending nightmare. Soon enough, Harry will wake me up and ask me what’s wrong and that I have nothing to worry about. He’s going to wake me up.

When I realized it wasn’t going to happen, I reached up to rub my temples in an attempt to calm down my throbbing head. Everything sounded so loud and I didn’t like it. For a second, I swear I heard my mom yelling at my dad to hurry up with the groceries. But I knew that couldn’t be true. I mean, how could it be? I’ve just been kidnapped.