35

Standing in front of the mirror, I sigh heavily. Today is the wedding and I'm honestly glad I'm going. I've stayed at my mother's for a few days now and it's sort of left some pressure off my shoulders.

Flattening out my dress, I stare at my reflection, Well don't I look like crap. At least the dress covers most of my legs except the small slit on the side. It hugs my torso really well and I'd  say so, it makes my boobs look much bigger. Turning away, I head over to my bed and put on my heels. Going over to my dresser, I apply another layer of lipstick. I guess this will do.

"Honey, you ready?!" My mother yells from down the hall. "Um, ya!" I say as I grab my phone and purse.

Checking one last time, I walk out of the room and down the hall to see my mother and Matt ready. And looking at the both of them makes me think of when they would get married. I am happy for my mom and for the sake of everything, I could at least be happy my mom isn't alone and found someone who could take care of her since I'm not around a lot.

Locking arms with my mom as we step out and head into the car, we get in and head to the ceremony.

• • •

Sitting down next to my mother, I look around as everyone is finding there place to sit. I look up at the trellis as flowers on vines hang down all around us. It's quite beautiful, they put good effort into it.

Looking at my mother, she stares off somewhere as the groom takes his place at the front. He looks good for his age, she's one lucky woman.

"Hunny, isn't that...." she trails off and I follow her gaze. Suddenly the air grows thick and my lungs are caught in my throat and if I weren't to say it any better, my heart is about to leap right out of my chest.

Standing there near the front, I could spot him out of everyone else standing. His tall frame, catches my eye. The way the suit hugs his body and the idea of him dressed like this gives me the chills.

His hair is cut some but not too much, he almost looks the same as the day I first laid eyes on him. I could see the small etch of a smile appear on his lips as he stares down at someone, talking to them.

The thought of him being in the same place as me gives me a exciting but sick feeling. I watch as he looks up and his eyes scan the crowd and I gasp, duking down.

I could hear my mother chuckle and I pinch her lower leg as I stare down at my feet. Oh jesus, fuck. How do I get out of this?

"The ceremony is beginning, everyone take your seats" the man at the front announces and everyone takes their seats as I sit back up slowly. As doing so, I stare at him, watching him as he takes his seat. I stare at the back of his head as he looks over to the person next to him. Who is that? Why is he here? How does he know my cousin?!

A ton of questions ring through my head but all at once they disappear as the music begins. I lean forward slightly so the view between me and him is blocked with a few people's heads. I watch as each bridesmaid walks down the aisle. Then following the flower girls.

Everyone stands as the bride, Vanessa, comes down the aisle with her father. Her dress is elegant and flowing and I'd take the time to admire it if I didn't have to keep a watchful eye on the man who is sitting 17 feet away from me.

Staring at him as I see him watching her carefully, eyeing her with a sly look. The look on his face says it all, he is bored here. He doesn't want to be here. Why is he here? Everyone takes their seat as the priest begins.
• • •

The ceremony is almost over and the ache in my chest grows with every minute that ticks by. Oh how I'd like to just run and never come back.

As the ceremony comes to a close, the bride and groom walk down the aisle as everyone cheers. I clap as I stare at Harry. His eyes on them as they go down the aisle. And I don't know how I managed to not be seen by him. But I've spoken too soon as his eyes meet mine.