Chapter XV

We lived pretty close to a supermarket, so we were just walked down the street. "This is gonna take like 10 minutes, why didn't we bring the girls?" I questioned walking beside Rita. "I wanted to see what would happen if we left them alone. I think you could use some space from them anyways." The blonde replied with an annoyed look. "Sounds like you're jealous." I chuckled elbowing her. "Yeah, a little bit. It's about time we spent some time together again, last time was under the oak tree... When we ki-" I cut her off. "A-alright, you don't need to bring up embarrassing stuff like that." I blurted while my face heated up a bit. "Aw, you getting all flustered?" She giggled pushing me lightly. "Shut up." I mumbled walking faster. "That's fine, It was pretty cute of you..." The girl said quietly. Then there was a pause, which was only interrupted by Rita jumping back next to me and suddenly grabbing my hand. Startled, my eyes darted to her face, which had a big grin. I blushed even more and readjusted our hands so we interlocked fingers. The girl went red too while her smile got shaky and stopped walking. "If you're gonna do that sorta thing, d-do it right." I mumbled pulling on her a little. "Y-yeah..." The blonde whispered starting to walk again and matched my speed. "C'mon, I don't wanna take too long, I hate shopping." I sighed as we approached the market. "Yeah I know, we only need a few things. You just need to carry and pay for everything." Rita replied as we walked through the parking lot. I let go of her hand to hold open the door and grabbed a basket. "Just follow me." The girl giggled making her way down an aisle. The blonde was quick, because we went here most of the time she probably knew where everything was. Before I knew it, we were in line to pay. "See? I told you it wouldn't take long." She smiled patting me on the shoulder. "Yeah, I just hope the girls are fine without us..." I mumbled digging for my wallet in my pants. "Can't you forget about them for awhile and pay attention to me...?" Rita whispered so quietly I could barely hear her. "Y-you're right, I guess I owe you some attention after all this time." I chuckled unloading our groceries on the counter. "You weren't supposed to hear that!" The girl blurted as she got all flustered. "It's true though." I responded elbowing her as the cashier scanned our stuff and bagged it. She didn't reply, and I paid the cashier. "Thank you and have a great day!" The worker said joyfully as I picked up our few plastic bags and made our way outside.

"So, what are we gonna do this weekend?" I asked as a car went by. "I was thinking about taking the girls somewhere... Special." Rita replied. "What does that mean?" I questioned. "You'll find out, I think it's gonna be a great time for you especially." The blonde snickered. I thought for a minute about the possibilities sighed. "Whatever, as long as it's fun." I yawned. Then there was a long pause. "H-hey, I just wanna let you know... I liked shopping with you." Rita stated hopping in front of me and looking away. "I didn't think it was." I chuckled. "W-whatever. Just hold still." She mumbled suddenly taking a step and kissing me. Just letting things play out, she pulled back and off my chest slightly after a few seconds. The girl looked up at me with a small smile and red face, then a guy with headphones walked from behind me and glanced back at us briefly. I blushed and saw Rita back on my chest hiding her face. Eventually though, she began laughing quietly. "T-that's so embarrassing." She giggled. I agreed and soon we both started walking back home again...