Chapter XIX

"Maybe I shoulda just ran to school as fast as possible and left her at the house..." I grumbled to myself. "Okay, so you look worried after coming out of the bathroom, should I even ask?" Rita wondered while I walked toward her and Alecto. "Not now." I sighed. "Alright, now you gotta tell me. What's up?" She smiled putting her arm around me. I took a deep breath, and pulled Rita away from the tiny Fury. "So apparently I'm a creep because I brought a little girl to Highschool." I informed. "Yeah... I know..." Rita replied frowning. "So what are gonna do?" The girl added. "Just deal with it, I guess. That's about all we can do." I sighed. "Don't worry, What's the worst that could happen?" Rita giggled kissing me on the cheek. As we turned around we saw Neal hovering over the Fury "I-I already said no!" Alecto said quietly. "C'mon, I only wanna talk for a bit." He laughed. "Do... Do y-you want to see what death looks like?" Alecto growled. Neal smiled. "You're pretty cute." He snicker putting his hand on a locker above her head. She glared at him harshly as her Talons started to appeared. "You two getting along?" I interrupted before he noticed her claws. Alecto immediately jumped and hid behind me. "Nah, I'm just trying to start up a conversation. She's not taking a liking to me though." He sighed walking away. "What happened?" I sighed grabbing the tiny girl and examining her. "N-nothing serious... H-he only just arrived when you came back." She replied falling to the floor. "He's harmless. He just wanted to meet you." Rita added. "I was going to kill him..." Alecto grunted slightly trembling still. "That's another rule, no Talons! You can't go and kill anybody you want! Wasn't it you who said that people are fragile?" I scolded. "I am sorry..." Alecto mumbled looking at the floor. I saw her sad face, and instantly hated myself. "Just... Don't do it again, Okay?" I sighed patting her on the head. "Okay!" She yelled hugging me. "Alright, you can't hug me too much either, people will think something's going on." I laughed pushing her off of me gently. "But I thought I was sharing you with the other girl? No fair!" Alecto protested stomping her foot. "You just have to wait a little bit longer. For now, let's go to class." I sighed. "Don't worry, I arranged that you have all your classes together, so just follow him wherever he goes. You can thank me later." Rita added putting her hands on her hips. "Thank you." Alecto replied with a somewhat sassy tone. "Alright, let's go." I chuckled. "Bye." Rita giggled blowing a kiss as she skipped to her class. "Sit close to me, Okay?" I stated starting to walk the opposite direction with Alecto. She nodded and clung to my arm, and I had to push her off again...