Chapter XXVI

I woke up at sunrise in an empty bed. "Where is everyone?" I yawned. Then I noticed a tiny girl sitting at the end of the bed. "What are you doing?" I wondered sitting up. Alecto looked directly into my eyes. "We must speak." She said in a serious tone. "S-sure. What did you wanna talk about?" I asked slightly shocked by her acting unusually mature. "I want you to stay out of our fight with Lord Hades. My Sisters have also agreed to this." She sighed bluntly. "W-what!? Why?" I blurted practical jumping out of bed and to my feet. "This is our fight. You should not have to die." Alecto answered. "This became my fight when we met." I argued. "Lord Hades will not kill us, he will take us back to the Underworld once more, but he has no use for you and will not hesitate to slaughter you. We only want what is best for you..." The Fury tried to convince me pulling her knees into her chest. "Having to live knowing that you girls are being tormented is worse than death." I stated sitting down next to her. "I'm not gonna let you girls be treated like that. I will stop Hades, or die trying." I continued. "Now I see why the other girl will not let you go so easily..." Alecto mumbled closing her eyes after a pause. "Plus I'm really starting to like this whole harem thing I've got going." I added. She giggled leaning to the side so her head rested on my shoulder. "I suppose that means you really do love us, right?" The Fury yawned. "Of course! You girls are the best things that have ever happened to me!" I said wrapping my arm around the small girl tightly. "Who do you love the most though...?" She whined grabbing my hand. "You know I can't chose favorites. I love you all!" I laughed clenching my fist proudly. "You should know... If you join this battle, you might have to watch Lord Hades punish and break us." Alecto whispered shivering. I then gave the oldest Fury a peck. "Quit being so negative." I ordered kissing her on the forehead. Alecto snuggled into my shoulder and agreed.

I woke up this time at the usually 9:00am, surrounded by women. But unusually, I had my arm around Megaera and was holding her close. She would probably kill me if she woke up, but I decided to keep her there. I stared at the ceiling at started to think. The thought eventually occurred that these girls, could actually be taken back to hell and be made slaves. I started to realize I didn't understand how lucky I was to have had the Furies come here and escape their suffering. "H-hey, is everything alright?" Alecto wondered gazing at me from my chest. "Y-yeah, why are you asking?" I said quietly. "You are crying, something must be the matter." She mumbled wiping my cheek with her fingers. "O-oh, I must have had a weird dream or something." I assured. The tiny Fury smiled and kissed me on the nose. "Tell us if something is bothering you." She whispered. Suddenly, I felt something on my arm. It was Tisiphone, who trapped my forearm between her thighs in her sleep while hugging my arm. I blushed brightly. "Do not get any ideas." Alecto grumbled gripping my shirt. "I-I wasn't gonna! Really! It's not my fault!" I reassured blushing heavier. "Silence! I am still sleeping." Megaera scolded. The oldest sister snickered falling back on to my abdomen. "Let us simply relax while we can before..." Alecto added. "Yeah." I groaned...